U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,446,474 times

Advertisements

Pearypie: My Everyday Look - YouTube

I thought this was a really good way to show how a lot of product can look very flattering and natural when applied correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 12:11 PM

10,892 posts, read 13,036,279 times
Damn! I still use less than 14 products when fully made-up!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM

184 posts, read 585,655 times
nothing about that looks natural. it's simple makeup, sure. but the difference between natural versus makeup is always obvious.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:51 AM

Yeh..ok. A nude makeup face is as close to natural as you are getting with a makeup look.
So....

Be persnickety elsewhere.

Of course its obvious. Its why people slap it on!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,435,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Damn! I still use less than 14 products when fully made-up!
Ha me too...

But I was puzzled by some of her choices. Foundation instead of concealer underneath her eyes? Lip balm, lipstick AND lipgloss???

Anyway the "natural" job is a good way to show people who don't know much about makeup (particularly ignorant men) that wearing a lot of product is not the same as looking like Betty Boop...in fact people with bad makeup probably use a lot less product than the woman in the video.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:32 PM

11,444 posts, read 19,482,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Ha me too...

But I was puzzled by some of her choices. Foundation instead of concealer underneath her eyes? Lip balm, lipstick AND lipgloss???

Anyway the "natural" job is a good way to show people who don't know much about makeup (particularly ignorant men) that wearing a lot of product is not the same as looking like Betty Boop...in fact people with bad makeup probably use a lot less product than the woman in the video.
I use a lipstick that is drier than most because of the staying power. My lips are dry. I use lip balm, and let it set and then use lipstick and let it set. The lip balm acts like a primer and allows the lipstick to go on smoothly. And there are those that say to use to a lip gloss over lipstick -- the gloss adds dimension, and stays on longer because of the lipstick, but I've always found lipgloss sticky or overly wet.

Frankly, I usually use Burt's Bees lip shimmers. I love the mint.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:17 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,707,116 times
Quote:
Ha me too...

I use foundation under my eyes as well. I used to use concealer but it'd cake into the creases and make my laugh lines stand out. With a light touch of liquid foundation *or* using a liquid foundation brush to apply bare minerals powder (one or the other, never both), I've found it obscures the discoloration flawlessly, blends into the rest of my face, and makes the laugh lines -less- noticeable, rather than more noticeable.

As for the rest of her video, she has a natural beauty, and I think her choices highlighted her features without making her look overly made up. I think the black eyeliner was more dramatic than it needed to be for what she claims is a "nude" look, but it was still very pretty.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Ha me too...

Foundation was a cream base. Some foundation have so much cover they can do a double duty job. Especially when applied over a primer.

Lipbalm - I always do this. Its just a moisture thing and you don't put as much on as you would if you were wearing only lipbalm

Lipstick - she patted it on , not same level as lipstick only but this can leave hints of color as the gloss wears off or make for a more tone flattering color when you combine it with the right lipgloss. Patting on color sort of acts like foundation for your lips to even the tone.

Lipgloss- for a bit of shine and fuller lip look than lipstick alone

My favorite triple lip combo is:
Crazy Rumors Balm or Blistex deep moisture (deep blue tube, lemon flavor)
Mac Viva Glam original - patted on as vid does
NYX lip plumper gloss (liv - clear with a bit of iridescence) Or Two Face Lip Plumper Extreme (same color)

Old 06-17-2012, 11:49 PM

4,338 posts, read 6,397,683 times
Do you women do all this and spend a lot of time to impress men?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 AM

944 posts, read 1,370,024 times
i do a nude makeup in less then 8 mins with less then her 14 products and it looks better and professional. most important you don't put on face creamthe way shs does thats a BIG no no and neer near the eyes. Keep rubbing your face like that and you will need Plastic surgery sooner then later make up brushes should be used not big nailed fingers

Last edited by =Lavender=; 06-18-2012 at 12:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty