U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:52 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,151,643 times

Advertisements

As a 26 year old guy who works in the corporate world, most of my shoes are dress shoes, and are either Allen Edmonds, Alden, or Brooks Brothers. I do hope to buy some Feragamo shoes sometime, but right now I have pulled that plug.

I probably spend up to $300 for dress shoes, though most were from $100 - $250. *Though I'm currently considering busting out $350 for a pair of Common Projects suede dress shoes. Italian made and perfect for the summer.

For sneakers and casual shoes, I'll only spend perhaps $20 as I never wear sneakers and hate most casual shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM

2,539 posts, read 8,566,891 times
I love my Keens.

These are my favorite pair of shoes for work, ever (in black): Keen Women's Toyah Mary Jane Casual Shoe - designer shoes, handbags, jewelry, watches, and fashion accessories |
endless.com

I'm definitely more of a comfort girl. Although I'm a measly 5'2'' I don't wear heels.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:04 PM

948 posts, read 1,371,177 times
I refuse to buy shoes unless they are both stylish and comfortable. They also need to be well made. For everyday and work flats, boots and pumps my go to's are Stuart Weitzman and Van Eli although I do have a few pairs of Gucci and Manolos. For evening, it's Manolo and a few Louboutin. I'll admit Louboutin are the least comfortable but they are so beautiful made.

I don't have foot or knee problems because I am moderate with wearing high heels and never wear the same shoe 2 days in a row.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,014,415 times
I love boots and these are my absolute favorites Airseal Footwear

They're so comfortable and last forever. I have the Para boots in blue, the 20 Eye boots in black and the Boulder boots in Burgundy.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:44 PM

948 posts, read 1,371,177 times
What I don't understand is why some won't spend a little more to get a fashionable, comfortable, quality shoe. I have friends who will spend $90.00 to $150.00 on shoes that aren't the best quality and only last a season or two when for a few bucks more (well not literally but $25.00 to $50.00 more) they could get a quality shoe that will last them for years and years. For some reason they don't consider the cost per wear.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,683,229 times
Allen Edmonds
Johnston Murphy
Armani
Salvatore Ferragamo

Allen Edmonds has become my number 1 right now. I like how they grip my feet.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 PM

58 posts, read 104,792 times
chucks

Old 08-02-2012, 12:21 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,292,726 times
I love shoes, and I rarely wear the same pair two days in a row, so my shoes last for a long time, plus I take really good care of them. I firmly believe in buying quality shoes and paying to have them resoled, to have the leather refurbished, and so on. One of my favorite pairs of fall boots are some cognac riding boots I got at Banana Republic over ten years ago for about $150. I paid $30 for new half-soles about five years ago, and they still look great--classic style with great comfort that I've walked in all over the place. Paying a bit more for quality with an eye on trends that will last means that you'll end up paying quite less per wear for each shoe purchase.

Other favorites include:

Born 3-inch tobacco stacked heel mid-calf boots--$150 on sale. They've lasted, and they look and feel fabulous.

Jimmy Choo smoke-colored patent 3 and a 1/2" stilettos--$300 on sale. Same as above--much more comfortable than Louboutins.

Sofft for Garnet Hill black riding boots--$150 on sale. Super comfortable for all-day city walking--they'll last forever.

Calypso Mary Janes by Sofft--$90 on sale at Nordstrom. These shoes are the best. I got them in black and cognac when they first came out five years ago, and the company actually kept making them for several years. They have about a two-inch heel, and the heel is engineered kind of like a flamenco dancer's heel; instead of it being placed right under your heel, it is slightly curved inward toward the middle of your foot so that your balance and posture are improved as well as comfort.

Cole Haan ankle boots with 3" heels--$120 on sale at Nordstrom. These are so great and comfortable, and the leather is wonderful.

Italian sling-backs I got for half-price at Anthropologie--$150. Very comfortable 3" stacked wooden heels with a very pretty metallic and pastel-colored basket weave over the footbed. They match with so many outfits.

Gentle Souls patent leather gunmetal grey and matte leather raspberry slingbacks with closed toes and 3" stacked wooden heels--both pairs on sale at Nordstrom for @ $90. These shoes are awesome. They work in the summer with skirts and dresses and in the winter with thin socks or tights with all kinds of outfits. Businesslike, yet sexy in a smart and savvy secretary way.

Frye camel platform 4" wedges with braiding and studding details--$150 on sale at Nordstrom. These shoes are very well-made and very, very cute: Boho, girly, and rocker all at once. They've lasted a long time, and I expect them to last much longer.

Born flat summer sandals in both pewter and black leather (those were the colors I got, although more were available). These are leather thongs with a big floral detail where the straps of the thong meet, and they have the expected Born cushioning and arch support.--$75 on sale at Nordstrom. While I would never do it, it would be possible to get through a whole hot summer wearing only these two pairs of shoes.

I detest tennis shoes for any purposes other than running and working out, but I will say that I have three pairs of Cole Haan "fashion" tennies that use Air Jordan technology. These are worth shelling out around $100 for on sale as they can be very cute if you style them with the right outfit, you will be able to walk around all day in them, and they will last a very long time. In short, I believe shoes are a good investment. I wear Chakos around the house and when I go to the shore or go hiking or exercising, and those aren't cheap either, but I think they are really good for your feet and posture, and they will last forever.

OMG--did I just write this much about shoes? I could have gone on and on . . . Ask me about my purple Steve Madden scrunchy-top and pointy-toed cowboy boots.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 AM

484 posts, read 692,090 times
I have loads of shoes from many styles, name brands and prices. most I ever paid for shoes is $1,700 for Stella McCartney non leather boots http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images...48897_in_l.jpg . I would spend it again if I know its a shoe I really want and will be a staple in my dressing room for a long time.

My feet can't handle cheap shoes I tried a few pairs when Target did Missoni and when Pat Field did a line for Payless. They felt like hard cardboard boxes and not something my feet would feel comfortable and happy in. But I have been very lucky to find brand names at Ross and Marshalls/TJ Max for very low prices and they felt great mind you they were marked down to a low price not retailed low .

Last edited by Peerage; 08-02-2012 at 01:23 AM..

Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 PM

659 posts, read 768,877 times
I'm not a shoe person, I love clothes but when it comes to shoes.... bleh

I like Uggs, Born and Vince Camuto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty