U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 03:02 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,494,909 times

Advertisements

Allen Edmonds and Church's for work. Haven't tried Alden yet but would like to give them a shot next time I need a pair of shoes.

For casual wear I like my Patagonia hiking shoes, every comfortable. Sneakers are Nike and Puma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 04:58 PM

15,819 posts, read 4,935,726 times
The most comfortable shoe I've ever owned is from the Clark's Unstructured line, the Un.Loop:
Clark's Unstructured Un.Loop at Travelsmith.com

Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,819,593 times
I am a shoe hound. I have lots of different brands of shoes. I don't focus on any particular designers. I just buy whatever style I like, as long as it looks good and is well made.

My favorite shoes are by Kate Spade, Diane Von Furstenberg, Cole Haan, Via Spiga, Salvatore Ferragamo, Stuart Weitzman, Calvin Klein, Enzo Angiolini, Aldo, Badgley Mischka, Vince Camuto, Michael Kors, and Roberto Cavalli.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:30 AM

123 posts, read 218,255 times
Zara, wedges 40 £ bur they are sooo comfortable!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:42 AM

7,658 posts, read 7,462,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Kenneth Cole, square toe, Black.

Square toe is out, my man. Get yourself a decent pair of black wingtips and don't look back. Classics never really go out of style.

I'm a shoe wh*re. I've got about 4 pairs of workout shoes/trainers, 4 pairs of Chuck Taylor sneakers, several other pairs of "casual athletic" style sneakers like my Puma Cabana Racers, Clarks driving mocs, some plaid canvas slip-ons from Aldo, a pair of brown wingtips from Stacy Adams that I wear for work:

http://www.stacyadams.com/shop/style/00612.html

Only the ones I have aren't two-tone brown.

Last edited by hooligan; 08-03-2012 at 11:54 AM..

Old 08-11-2012, 03:09 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,633,204 times
Oh, I love shoes. I am really enjoying the three pairs of sandals I bought at Dillard's this spring. They have little roses flowers on them and are the same color as the sandal.

I didn't get to shop for a long, long time due to the economy and when I had could (around February) I had a terrible time finding any shoes. I have slim feet and heels and my favorite brands (like Bandolino) had changed. They are too wide -- even stuffed with innersoles (narrow feet readers will identify). I have a pair of Alfani flats that I love but I looked at a Macy's before I moved forever. I lucked up -- I got them at half price and used an American Express gift card where I had cashed in some miles so yeah! I need to go through some of my little PTR things and see where I can get some gift cards. I need fall shoes and am already thinking about them.

What I can't find that is comfortable are tennis shoes. (A friend was also commenting on this the other day). I bought a pair of Keds in March but they sure aren't what they used to be. They hurt so bad after an hour and I am using them for painting, yard work, etc. where you don't have them on for a long time. I had to buy a pair when I moved and started volunteering with the horticulture at our aquarium. They are Reeboks and they feel good to stand in but I am always happy to take them off! They just feel heavy and I have my sandals ready in the car to change. One of the fall flats I need will have to be something that is comfortable for walking and standing. I'll also be volunteering as a docent at the aquarium and at an art museum.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 AM

80 posts, read 188,994 times
I have a rather wide foot with a high arch and absolutely nothing fits. I do have a couple pair of winter shoes that cause minimal discomfort. Clark brand slides and a Naturalizer knee boot that I bought about 6 years ago, sadly they are falling apart and I have sent them to a shoe repairman in hopes he can revitalize them.

My summer shoes consist of two pair of Rt. 66 flip flops that are wearing out at an alarming rate. If I had known they would be the only summer shoes that would not kill me I would have bought more of them. I'm grateful that I can wear sundresses and flops to work or I'd be hurtin'.

I really have no price limit if they fit and don't hurt my feet. I am still looking for that perfect pair...

Old 08-13-2012, 11:58 AM

5,945 posts, read 12,724,028 times
Doc Marten has some really cute flats (the ELLEN) that I've been thinking about buying and trying. I grew up wearing doc marten 8-hole boots... and for awhile now they have been coming out with new "girly" styles. Some of their tall boots are really cute, but for summer/fall I really want to try these flats:

(I don't know if that link is going to work. punkrockdomestics.com )

Here it is in purple plaid (I could not get away with this, but a younger girl could! I like the black ones...): Amazon.com: Dr. Martens ELLEN Women's Shoes, Flats: Shoes

This is a really comfortable and beautiful boot for fall:Dr Martens GIANNA WINE BURNISHED APACHE - Doc Martens Boots and Shoes

The most comfortable - but not really cute - shoes in the whole world are New Balance 993's, though. Especially if you have a wide foot like me. And they are Made in the U.S.A. which is cool. New Balance 993 - New Balance - US I double dog dare you guys to try some of these babies on. They are wonderful.

I'm over flip flops. I was a havaianas girl for a long, long, time. I've been trying to find a replacement "go to" shoe for the summer. I'm tired of them wearing out so fast and also getting my feet dirty. Also, we live in a neighborhood with a lot of dogs and whenever I walk through any kind of grass I wonder what all kind of dog pee or whatever I'm getting on my feet. Eeeeeww. I need to find a new summer shoe that is as comfortable as a flip flop but covers and protects the feet from icky stuff and bugs. The NB993's are ultra comfortable but in summer I don't like to wear socks unless I absolutely have to. Also, I want something that slips on. Maybe, Tom's shoes? Hmmm...

Red Women's Glitters | TOMS.com

These are cute:
Red Canvas Women's Strappy Wedges | TOMS.com
Just wish they weren't SO tall...

Old 08-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
... 4 pairs of Chuck Taylor sneakers, ...
Love these. I still wear a pair I bought while in high school (I'm in my mid-30's). Mine still say "Made in the U.S.A." on them - do the new ones say that? I haven't bought a pair in awhile. I think I heard the company was bought by Nike or a Chinese company or something (maybe Nike owns them and they are produced in a Chinese factory?) and so since that happened (2003'ish) the shoes don't say "Made in the U.S.A." anymore... they just say "All Stars" or something... but I dunno - haven't checked into it. Still good shoes, though. Too bad they aren't American made anymore.

Anyway - trick is to buy your chuck's a half-size bigger and put some good inserts in. Makes them super comfy. Otherwise, without inserts they can be hard to walk in all day or work in (if your job allows this type of shoe - fortunately, mine does! )

Old 08-13-2012, 12:13 PM

Dude - now this guy is a shoe wh*re! lol
File:Largest collection of Converse All-Stars.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty