Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:39 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,948,878 times

Advertisements

My 71 year old Dad has a OD green pair he like to wear fishing. lol They look goofy but at least they are a manly color and worn in case you have to jump off in the water at the boat ramp. Cut up feet from broken beer bottles and sharp rocks makes them less funny and more utilty than fashion. With that said, I would rather wear Bass or Dockers leather boat shoes with no socks. That's what he used to wear too before my nephews got him those for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 10:17 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,928,311 times
Form over fashion. Many people that work in the restaurant business and doctors in hospitals wear crocs. They probably don't care at all what other people think.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,085 times
For better or worse of the judgement of the "CD court" lol, I wear crocs at home or outside around the immediate property of my house and if I don't wear these my plantar fasciitis problem on my left foot acts up real bad.

If I'm at a motel, I'll wear them inside my room.

Not just for this subject but we IMHO as a society in general have become sadly so "nit-picky judgemental".

Old 08-27-2012, 04:39 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_juls View Post
A few really fashionable guys might can get away with wearing crocs, but most guys look pretty goofy in them.
Fashionable guys don't wear crocs. Everyone looks goofy in them, some men are just men and don't care about looking goofy. They might care sometimes but not all times.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,589 times
For functional purposes, okay, I'm sure they're great on the boat or at the beach or any other sort of water/land combination setting...but for every day wear? Yeesh.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
I was initially "WTF?" But I've become desensitized to it. I don't own a pair. They look comfortable, though. It's funny to see suburban dads wearing them. I think that men need to be a little careful with their choice of color, though.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Form over fashion. Many people that work in the restaurant business and doctors in hospitals wear crocs. They probably don't care at all what other people think.
The only sensible post in this tread so far.

All the rest reflect a great deal of immaturity in their lack of understanding the design behind Croc's.

Croc's are designed for function only and that's it! Color is the one thing that is an attempt to add some fashion.

I'm 66 yrs old now and my feet/legs hurt alot now so I wear Croc's for comfort ( I have several different styes of Croc's to choose from) when I'm at home messing about. If I have work with some danger to it I wear my steel toed boots that I wore when I was still working since Croc's were never intended for an industrial setting. For dress up I wear dress shoes.

Simple really.

Choose the footwear that best suits the task at hand.

Now, quit all this whining about Croc's not being a fashion shoe 'cause they ain't and never will be!!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:37 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
Crocs are great when you're recovering from leg surgery. They fit over swollen feet (some surgeries cause swelling for a full year after the surgery) and they grip the ground so you won't fall and injure yourself again. No, they're not pretty...but all it takes is one bad injury to teach you the value of comfort over style.

They are good for plantar fasciitis, but Okabashi sandals are even better for plantar fasciitis, if you can get past the two week break-in period they have. I switched to Okabashi because my feet were sweating a lot in the crocs and making the inside of the shoes slippery.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:02 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Comfort is much higher on my priority than what strangers that I don't care about think of my "fashion sense".

I am so tired of people obsessed with trying to impress people that don't give a damn about you anyway.

Cliffs Notes:
If my feet are happy, I'm happy and if you ain't happy, well YOU will just have to get over it.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:07 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
With medical people, I tend to see clogs, or similar shoes, which are either made of leather, or some other material reminiscent of LL Bean or Eddie Bauer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty