Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 02:02 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
What I find amazing is how many guys think six packs and the steroid look is hot.

I don't see as much of it in Boston but in Florida there is a whole "sub genre" of men in their 20-30s (maybe 40s, not sure) who all they can talk about is the gym, protein supplements, etc.

It's really not attractive when you whole life revolves around it...pretty boring and vain
I wish there was a map that told you the % of men with the steroid look in each city. I would want to relocate to a place with the fewest steroid guys. Not only would I fit in, it would be so enjoyable not to have to look at or be around these jerks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
How do you know they are on Roids? How are they jerks exactly? I have friends that are well built but they are not jerks.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
How do you know they are on Roids? How are they jerks exactly? I have friends that are well built but they are not jerks.
Everyone is on roids to scrawny other dudes. I'd look for a bit of a belly. Not a fat one, just a little pudge. Usually you could iron a shirt on a steroid abusers stomach. Either that, or he starves himself. Too big is also a sign. If you don't see any round edges and only cut up skin with veins popping out, that should be a clue. Bulked up or built men don't look like that. You have a muscle but it still resembles an arm. No one at my gym looks like those magazine men. There are some pretty big guys too. I'm no small fry myself. Sly in his Rocky, Rambo, Over The Top and Cobra era is pretty dang close. You look at him now, he's been cheating. It doesn't look good. He's almost 70 with veins all popping out. STOP IT BUD!! You're still in better shape than all the other old farts.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
There is one factor that needs to be kept in mind when thinking about the ideal man body type and that is Mother Nature. Mother Nature is large and in charge and she doesn't care what any of us thinks or likes, she gives us some traits and that is it. Humans men and women are born with certain traits that can't be changed. In the case of men there are 3 basic categories that men fall into: Ectomorph,Mesomorph and Endomorph. Every man falls into one of these categories for the most part but very few have traits that would put them in a single category exclusively. That will somewhat determine how close to a certain look he will get. However every man can use the traits he was born with and maximize their potential to become the ideal type of man for some women.

Last edited by 1orlando; 06-25-2012 at 09:46 PM..

Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
A man?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:26 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
The ones on steroids are jerks because they have roid rage. They are dominant bully types.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The ones on steroids are jerks because they have roid rage. They are dominant bully types.

that is not true.

I have done 'juice" for many years, I never got roid rage, that is a myth.
I just wanted to have sex every 5 minutes..

Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
There is one factor that needs to be kept in mind when thinking about the ideal man body type and that is Mother Nature. Mother Nature is large and in charge and she doesn't care what any of us thinks or likes, she gives us some traits and that is it. Humans men and women are born with certain traits that can't be changed. In the case of men there are 3 basic categories that men fall into: Ectomorph,Mesomorph and Endomorph. Every man falls into one of these categories for the most part but very few have traits that would put them in a single category exclusively. That will somewhat determine how close to a certain look he will get. However every man can use the traits he was born with and maximize their potential to become the ideal type of man for some women.
That is the same for women as well.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 PM

455 posts, read 651,800 times
Quote:
People are too funny! So any guy that is well-built, muscular, bodybuilder type, powerlifter type, etc is vain, roided up and a jerk? Ok, got it

People need to respect other people. Everyone has different hobbies.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That is the same for women as well.
Yeah that is what I mean. I read an article on Muscle and Fitness several years ago on the different types of women and how to use those traits to get in shape and it was a similar article to the one for men but in that article they used different terminolog. They grouped women into 3 types ; The T frame woman, The A frame woman and The O frame woman and they
described each one. The T frame was a woman with wide shoulders and narrow hips, The A frame woman had narrow shoulders and wider hips and the O frame had the round features on the top and bottom with the middle smaller which made the body curvy. I will try to find that article and post it for everyone to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty