U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,676 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Reputation: 68458

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I remember when I was in middle school there was this kid who was even shorter than me and probably the shortest kid in school and he was probably the most popular kid there, he had a lot of admirers, girls who wouldn't even give me a second look loved him and he never had a any trouble having a girlfriend I remember that all of his girlfriends towered well over him but it was never an issue. I was always wondering what his secret was. I guess when you got it you got it. He still has some of his boyish looks and I suppose he is still is popular with the ladies, lucky bastard lol.
It just goes to show, really short guys can be popular, and often are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 PM
 
1,171 posts, read 1,646,460 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It just goes to show, really short guys can be popular, and often are.
Yes, that true. 5' 10" 197 guys included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 10:58 PM
 
Location: CA
3,469 posts, read 6,936,522 times
Reputation: 4779
Ideal:

6'0 tall or around there (I'm not suck on height like some women though.... I've dated a guy as short as 5'5 & I'm nearly 5'8)
A lean & slender build that looks "naturally" cut...not bulky or extremely cut
I like a proportionate torso...I hate the super long torso/short legs look on men (and women for that matter). I'd actually prefer too short torso/long legs if I had to pick an extreme.
Nice, defined legs - not thick and/or stumpy, but not bony either
Broad shoulders
Some back definition - the male back is very sexy to me
A graceful neck; none of those "no neck monsters" for me
Cute butt... not flat nor big; firm
No weird nipples...haha!
Unlike a lot of women, abs, arms & hands are not a big deal to me, but sure, they may be a bonus. Some minor love handles can even be cute, as long as it's not an outright gut or spare tire.

I notice men who swim/surf/cycle often have nice bodies, or something close to my ideal. It seems to create a lean & naturally muscular look that is still "gentlemanly" and not brutish looking. I'm probably a product of my generation in that way... lots of women seem to like this look (which bitter men often call "skinny"). However, I myself am sort of long & lean, and I think this is just a body type that looks "right" to me (as weird as it may sound, I think there's an unconscious attraction to people who are "familiar" looking).

Proportion is really key for me though... I've found men of all sizes & builds physically attractive when they're proportioned well. I can't say I've ever dated someone close to my ideal because attraction isn't really based on what's aesthetic pleasing to me. I've tended to date short men with boyishly skinny to pleasantly cherubic physiques (probably because they are bookish types also). I admit that outright fat is downright unattractive to me.... along with that unfortunate pear shape body some men get (complete with stumpy legs...ugh).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 PM
 
1,171 posts, read 1,646,460 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Ideal:

6'0 tall or around there (I'm not suck on height like some women though.... I've dated a guy as short as 5'5 & I'm nearly 5'8)
A lean & slender build that looks "naturally" cut...not bulky or extremely cut
I like a proportionate torso...I hate the super long torso/short legs look on men (and women for that matter). I'd actually prefer too short torso/long legs if I had to pick an extreme.
Nice, defined legs - not thick and/or stumpy, but not bony either
Broad shoulders
Some back definition - the male back is very sexy to me
A graceful neck; none of those "no neck monsters" for me
Cute butt... not flat nor big; firm
No weird nipples...haha!
Unlike a lot of women, abs, arms & hands are not a big deal to me, but sure, they may be a bonus. Some minor love handles can even be cute, as long as it's not an outright gut or spare tire.

I notice men who swim/surf/cycle often have nice bodies, or something close to my ideal. It seems to create a lean & naturally muscular look that is still "gentlemanly" and not brutish looking. I'm probably a product of my generation in that way... lots of women seem to like this look (which bitter men often call "skinny"). However, I myself am sort of long & lean, and I think this is just a body type that looks "right" to me (as weird as it may sound, I think there's an unconscious attraction to people who are "familiar" looking).

Proportion is really key for me though... I've found men of all sizes & builds physically attractive when they're proportioned well. I can't say I've ever dated someone close to my ideal because attraction isn't really based on what's aesthetic pleasing to me. I've tended to date short men with boyishly skinny to pleasantly cherubic physiques (probably because they are bookish types also). I admit that outright fat is downright unattractive to me.... along with that unfortunate pear shape body some men get (complete with stumpy legs...ugh).
That sounds like a Lance Armstrong type build. I think he is around the same height as I am but only comes in around 155-160. Sly back in the Rocky and Over The Top/ Cobra ('86) era was built like I am. He's also 5' 10" and pushin' 200 +/- 5 pounds back then. He got whacked in his elder years from that hormone crap and beefed up more. It doesn't look good IMO. He looked better when we looked about the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 12:02 AM
 
1,171 posts, read 1,646,460 times
Reputation: 603




Over The Top - Take it Higher - YouTube






Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
I really hate skinny legs on a man. I blame my mom. She endlessly complained about it when she saw it on a passerby from when I was a kid. It looks really silly to have hyper developed chest, arms and back and have legs that would make your average model jealous.

Not keen on small arms either. I like a reasonable amount of size. Again, if models think your arms are amazing, they are way too small. You need to have bigger arms than me.

Last edited by jade408; 06-24-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 12:23 PM
 
1,171 posts, read 1,646,460 times
Reputation: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I really hate skinny legs on a man. I blame my mom. She endlessly complained about it when she saw it on a passerby from when I was a kid. It looks really silly to have hyper developed chest, arms and back and have legs that would make your average model jealous.

Not keen on small arms either. I like a reasonable amount od size Again, if models think your arms are amazing, they are way too small. You need to have bigger arms than me.
I would certainly hope so. Rock hard forearms you can't get a XL man's hand around. Sort of like Popeye...toot toot, ya know!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
 
4,338 posts, read 6,387,047 times
Reputation: 1636
You could be over 6 feet tall and out of shape and you can be a 5'8" and look like a model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
1,603 posts, read 3,520,385 times
Reputation: 1837
I love a man that is between 6'2-6'5, and 220-245.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 6,959,302 times
Reputation: 2827
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Okay, but we're talking about ideals. It's not like I'm going to date the guy. Besides, his height, frame, and facial structure have nothing to do with his diet or how much he works out. Eating some cheeseburgers isn't going to turn him short and narrow. I just admire the hunkiness. I don't even normally like facial hair but dang!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
My ideal body type for men is
-5'5"-6'5"
-lean/slender, but with great muscle mass
-Adonis belt/s*x lines AM I the ONLY one who HATES those? It looks icky to me.
-Nice calves
-Shapely arms with only a small bit of vessels showing <--- I hate vessels showing too. Creeps me out.
-Broad shoulders
-A little hairy but not a forest. Not really attracted to hair on chest.
-Strong jawline and neck *sighs*

As someone mentioned, Alexander Skarsgaard is hot. I'm not really concerned with eye or hair color.

Turnoffs would be bodybuilder type men and having too much gut and a face full of hair (mountain man beard).
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm surprised so many folks are anti-hair. I mean, I'm not about the Austin Powers style chest but I look a hearty amount to run my fingers through. A couple years ago I went out with an 18 year old guy who had zero chest hair whatsoever and I found it so bizarre, it was a major turn off.

And facial hair. Bring on the rugged beards and stubble because I think it looks damn sexy. It's only a nuisance when you're doing a lot of kissing because stubble burn hurts.

I hate too much facial hair + chest hair. Something is going to get shaved/waxed before they kiss me. Im SO not into stubble burn. Not happening.


Nice ass is important, strong legs. I like strength without them looking overly muscled. I like dark hair, dark eyes, and if they've got green eyes HELLO SIR!

Im 5' 5", so if a man is shorter than I am then he is SOL in my book.

And most importantly, I like them smart. Like, engineer smart with a healthy dose of common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top