U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:22 PM

47 posts, read 93,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
A nice, plain white t-shirt and blue jeans (the kind that lift and separate - NOT baggy). If he can look good in that, he can look good in anything...

So on point!

What I also like on the fellas:
- eyeglasses (very hot)
- facial hair, i'm not talking zz top but just some stubble.
- a nice smile

dislike:
- anything preppy
- and after seeing those white capris, they're making it on the list. TOO FUNNY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,124,373 times
I love it when a guy wears that clean smell of just stepping out of the shower.
Suits are sexy. Eyeglasses. Crew-cuts.

I hate it when a guy wears skinny jeans. Anything pink. Long hair. Wife-beaters. Puffy bomber jackets.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:27 PM

2,117 posts, read 4,563,264 times
i hate it when women wear..

running shoes outside of gym/exercise environment
acid wash jeans
american eagle, ambercrombie fitch, old navy, northface zip up thing, tshirts, hoodies

i like it when women in boots, heels
and anything but the above mentioned.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM

302 posts, read 520,603 times
you hate what I LOVE to wear...give me comfy clothes any day

i've done my days of high heels and dress clothes..now only when i must

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
i hate it when women wear..

running shoes outside of gym/exercise environment
acid wash jeans
american eagle, ambercrombie fitch, old navy, northface zip up thing, tshirts, hoodies

i like it when women in boots, heels
and anything but the above mentioned.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:39 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,469,856 times
I love it when guys wear suits or tuxedos while driving a Jeep. It's just hot.

Love "nerd glasses" also.

Weird one: love it when guys wear socks with shower sandals after a bike or running race. Soooo dorky, yet so cute in the correct place and time.

Hottest Look Ever: a nice fluffy white towel wrapped around your still damp body after a shower.

Dislikes: comb-overs, sweat pants with elastic at the ankles, baggy "gym shorts" (unless you are actually working out/playing b-ball), white sneakers, (unless you are playing tennis) and "Sans-a-belt" slacks. Ewww.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,099,951 times
I love a wife beater t, nice sweats, and clean sneaks. I want to see the guns and the print...abs of course.

Wrinkled jeans and t. Dirty sneaks. A messy man is so unattractive...hate it!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 PM

888 posts, read 606,576 times
I agree that Capris for men are awful (or man-pris as someone told me), and I read here that women don't want to see a man's leg (even if it's nice and muscular - for whatever silly female reason it is), so just what is the limit to how high or how low the short can go? It seems like we're talking just a difference of a few inches. So, we're not allowed to show our thighs? We can only show our lower legs? Some of this seems like women don't want the guy to look sexier than they are - even if the dude has a perfect body. I've been like running several times a week for 6 years straight sans interruption, and my legs are extremely toned and muscular. I am supposed to hide them in public, just because some women on city-data are insecure about their own legs? It's stupid. My girlfriend has crazy ideas about fashion too, and I have to go through the freakin trouble to give her a freakin fashion show, just so she can be educated in what looks good. It's a pain in the rear, but I suppose it's worth it. Fashion is about personal experience. I've got to give her the freakin experience with me in different looks. Anyways, guys, don't try too hard to please the girls. Give them a taste of what they think is sexy, and then take it away and let them scream for it thereafter. It's like the carrot on the stick thing.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 PM

335 posts, read 1,101,996 times
Very well said HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal. Especially about the shorts. I am so over the baggy, sloppy looking knee length cargo short thing. I see for 2010 mens shorts are returning to a more fitted style. Also seeing more mens shorts with inseams around 6" in stores now.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:59 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Different men can carry different looks, so it's hard for me to say but there are somethings I universally like and dislike on all shapes & sizes.

I love it when a guy wears:
*henleys
*raglan sleeve shirts
*pink dress shirt (preferably a good fit & fabric)

I hate it when a guy wears:
*dark colored dress shirts/button downs
*necklace/chain of any kind
*hat backwards, on an angle or not completely on their head

Old 01-08-2010, 08:34 AM

302 posts, read 520,603 times
I love it when a guy wears:
Cologne - depending on the scent
Jeans most the time
Suit (think men look SEXY in suits)

Some men can look SEXY in sweatpants, shorts & swimsuits

I'll just sum it up...that depending on the man...he can look sexy in almost anything or even nothing at all. Oops, did I just say that!?!? Gosh, where is my mind at today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or