U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2006, 01:58 PM
 
Location: In exile, plotting my coup
2,408 posts, read 13,148,341 times
Reputation: 1784

Advertisements

I too have mixed feelings on the issue for the very reasons stated by other posters.

And I don't think most models used in ads and in fashion shows are remotely attractive. To me, Kate Moss looks like a kneecap with hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:01 PM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,294,268 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
And I don't think most models used in ads and in fashion shows are remotely attractive. To me, Kate Moss looks like a kneecap with hair.
That is too funny!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I too have mixed feelings on the issue for the very reasons stated by other posters.

And I don't think most models used in ads and in fashion shows are remotely attractive. To me, Kate Moss looks like a kneecap with hair.
That was too funny,my husband now thinks I am nuts for laughing at the computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:05 PM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,294,268 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I agree with you. I like looking at curvy women too.
I had better clarify: I appreciate when a formerly skinny super model looks naturally curvy and womanly. Makes it easier for the rest of us. I don't necessarily like to look at curvy women, since I am one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Phoenix area
154 posts, read 506,184 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
I had better clarify: I appreciate when a formerly skinny super model looks naturally curvy and womanly. Makes it easier for the rest of us. I don't necessarily like to look at curvy women, since I am one.
ouch! the self-hatred of our bodies revealed by the posts on this thread is almost too painful for me to read...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublet View Post
ouch! the self-hatred of our bodies revealed by the posts on this thread is almost too painful for me to read...
It isnt self hatred we feel, it is the hate of curves in the media that affects our view of ourselves, we feel we look great, it is others saying we dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:32 PM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,294,268 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublet View Post
ouch! the self-hatred of our bodies revealed by the posts on this thread is almost too painful for me to read...
Don't worry about me, no self hatred here. I like my curves, in fact, I'm sexy. My DH agrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
Reputation: 2086
Oh and the problem the designers create when normal women such as myself cannot find clothes that fit over our large chests!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:35 PM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,294,268 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
It isnt self hatred we feel, it is the hate of curves in the media that affects our view of ourselves, we feel we look great, it is others saying we dont.
You got it! I like my body, I enjoy looking like a woman and would not want to look like some pre-pubescent boy! Yay curves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2006, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Western Bexar County
3,823 posts, read 13,133,630 times
Reputation: 1895
Default Didn't Listen to your Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
Oh and the problem the designers create when normal women such as myself cannot find clothes that fit over our large chests!!!!!!!!
That is because you didn't listen to your mom and stop eating lots of ice cream and doing lots of push-ups!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top