U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,607,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Never felt that way, myself, usually the one being favored. But there is nothing about the issue that should relate to the concept of "fair." We prefer what we prefer. Are you saying men should intentionally lead a woman to believe he likes her over another in the liberal mentality of being somehow "fair?" I don't get that, sorry.
All I'm doing is asking women for their opinions on the subject. I want to hear wheather ladies think they feel or have felt unfairly left behind or overlooked by men and weather men are honestly giving them a fair chance to build either a frienship or a relationship or at getting a job position and weather they think those men are being shallow or narrow minded and are bypassing them without hesitation and focusing on another woman because of a particular quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 12:16 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Yes,I do all the time.
My sisters would always talk about how some guy tried to pick them up or some guy is stalking them.
It could be looks,but then again I'm more of a woman on the go. They walk everywhere,while I drive everywhere.
They are larger and taller than me. I also work(80 hrs a week)around lots of other women,and wear a scrub,so I'm not sure if that's why I don't come into contact with men who would potentially hit on me.
When I go shopping,I'm usually so tired I just don't give a damn what I look like,I just want to sleep.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:34 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yes,I do all the time.
My sisters would always talk about how some guy tried to pick them up or some guy is stalking them.
It could be looks,but then again I'm more of a woman on the go. They walk everywhere,while I drive everywhere.
They are larger and taller than me. I also work(80 hrs a week)around lots of other women,and wear a scrub,so I'm not sure if that's why I don't come into contact with men who would potentially hit on me.
When I go shopping,I'm usually so tired I just don't give a damn what I look like,I just want to sleep.
I definitely think this is true. I currently work from home. And have actual in person meetings maybe 1-2 times a month. I also drive places usually.

So I don't feel like I am "out" much.

My sister uses public transit only, and walks more. She gets hit on more! We look really similar other than different hairstyles and clothing, so we are "playing with the same deck."

I found that when I went to NYC, and walked more than usual, I got hit on more.

So I need to experiment and "go out" more. Maybe work from a coffee shop or something so I have more opportunities to meet new people.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,426,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Ladies do you or have you ever felt overlooked by men in favor of other women and do you feel that you are at a disadvantage because of your looks, age, personality or other qualities? And finally do you think men are unfair to women by doing that?
I know I am not as outgoing as other women.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:29 PM

1,603 posts, read 2,680,659 times
Quote:
Ladies do you or have you ever felt overlooked by men in favor of other women and do you feel that you are at a disadvantage because of your looks, age, personality or other qualities?

No and No

No one can make you feel bad about yourself unless you let them.

Quote:
And finally do you think men are unfair to women by doing that?
It doesn't matter, some will find you attractive and some won't.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:36 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,511,480 times
No I have no reason to I'm confident.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:19 AM

141 posts, read 235,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Hmmmmmm as a blonde haired blue eyed citizen of humanity I find your comments offensive. We are not outdated. No one is. Tan is in .. Again I question the level of intelligence here. Dermatologists have been screaming about melanoma rates. I guess this is reflective of this new society. Stupidity.
You misunderstood what she said. She said "the stereotype," not "you women." Learn the difference. She did not say you are outdated. But the stereotype of you is indeed outdated in the mainstream media.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 AM

141 posts, read 235,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Absolutely... I'm not considered classically attractive and have had so many comments made about my body that if I didn't have such thick skin I'd probably spend most of my day crying in my room. It's gotten a bit better as I get older, but even in work meetings my opinions were never given The same amount of consideration as we're the comments made by our pretty blonde marketing director.... Even when they were the exact same suggestions.
Totally agree with you. That's why I always look the best at work. Hair dye, nice clothes, makeup, diet, everything. I must rock at work. Can't mess with that. With the guys, I don't give a flyin' f*ck. If they don't like what I look, I got a line of guys on my address book.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesdowntownchick View Post
Totally agree with you. That's why I always look the best at work. Hair dye, nice clothes, makeup, diet, everything. I must rock at work. Can't mess with that. With the guys, I don't give a flyin' f*ck. If they don't like what I look, I got a line of guys on my address book.
Yeah, try doing all of that being a mechanic

Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 AM

36 posts, read 41,685 times
Quote:
Ladies do you or have you ever felt overlooked by men in favor of other women and do you feel that you are at a disadvantage because of your looks, age, personality or other qualities? And finally do you think men are unfair to women by doing that?

The only people that make me feel that way are straight men at a job setting Men get promoted and get away with working less. Both women and men like to be around men more. If the man is attractive he will get promoted no matter what.

And the lady here who thinks ugly people are unhappy because they need to settle. Please! Most attractive males make the worst husbands because they have women throwing themselves at them while their male buddies preassure them to live life and cheat. There are exceptions but thats the rule.

Very attractive men are usually a pest.

Last edited by Periquita; 08-16-2012 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty