U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 03:18 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,086,888 times

Advertisements

I have always been a bit eye-brow challenged. They are very fair, kind of shortish, and yesterday I was told they are now getting "sparse".

I had grown them back in because I wanted a change from the old shape and was curious about the Hollywood Brow...so yesterday was the day I went for a new tint and wax.

I cannot believe the magic she has wrought. I had NO IDEA I could have such fabulous brows! The shape is wonderful, much different to what I had before which was your basic plucking under the arch. I have brows like Kim Kardashian! It is amazing the difference it has made. I feel like a new woman...sparse brows or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 03:32 PM

11,432 posts, read 19,448,624 times
Good for you!

My niece is getting married and my usual make up of tinted moisterizer and a little mascara and tinted lip balm isn't going to work so yesterday I played with some makeup. I tried to darken my brows a bit and honestly, I felt like it aged me. It was AWFUL. I looked like an evil Disney character. Oh look, it's Geezerene!

I just might take a tip from you and go see someone....

Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times
Pictures! Maybe some before and after brows?

My brows have always been a source of self consciousness for me. Like the rest of my hair, they're very fine which means mush them the wrong way and I look like I have bald patches. Was it the color that made the big impact, or did the shaping really change them as well?

Old 06-22-2012, 04:35 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,941,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I have always been a bit eye-brow challenged. They are very fair, kind of shortish, and yesterday I was told they are now getting "sparse".

I had grown them back in because I wanted a change from the old shape and was curious about the Hollywood Brow...so yesterday was the day I went for a new tint and wax.

I cannot believe the magic she has wrought. I had NO IDEA I could have such fabulous brows! The shape is wonderful, much different to what I had before which was your basic plucking under the arch. I have brows like Kim Kardashian! It is amazing the difference it has made. I feel like a new woman...sparse brows or not.

It is surprising how something so simple and inexpxensive can improve a person's look so much. They look groomed,polished and it really makes most everyone look prettier.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,798,792 times
I just got mine tattooed on. Problem solved

I burned one of them off a few years ago when I hit my head on a hot exhaust piper and the hair never grew back. They're not chola brows mind you, and people are always surprised when they find out they're not 'real'.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 AM

944 posts, read 1,366,620 times
you can also get eyebrow implants http://www.eyebrowimplants.org/

Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 AM

35,819 posts, read 39,375,570 times
I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't ever shape my brows...never have. Everyone in my family on my mom's side happens to have a nice natural arch and shape. In the past couple of years, I've found I'll have an odd, obvious stray to pluck every now and then, but having my brows done has not been something I've ever needed. I was a teen in the 90s, when plucking pencil thin brows was the thing...never did that, but some of my peers have brows that were never the same after that.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:41 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,343,312 times
Eyebrow transplants look promising.

Over-plucked your eyebrows? Now you can restore bushy brows with a 3,500 eyebrow transplant operation | Mail Online

Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,163,256 times
I get mine done once and a while. Mine are pretty thin, but the natural shape is good. I get them done around every 2-3 months. I did go on hiatus when they started looking a little sparse for about 18 months (I didn't do anything to them at all).

I am treading carefully. I know my aunt didn't have any in her 50s from overplucking. And well body hair is pretty minimal for me. I barely have leg hair, no arm hair. And I can just imagine the hair not growing back where I have shaped my brows. So now I just have them cleaned up a bit. If the hairs never grow back in, today, I won't be annoyed. They are as "thick" as they can be.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:51 AM

6,056 posts, read 7,960,926 times
I've plucked mine down too much and the hair isn't growing back. It's nice to know I have options to make them look better again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty