U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 PM

944 posts, read 1,367,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
It depends. Your basic LV handbag in brown and gold monogram is made of a specially treated canvas. The handles are vachetta leather.

I know that again its REAL LEATHER Not fake how ming mDing worded it sounded like it was fake leather
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM

659 posts, read 769,381 times
Originally Posted by =Lavender=
you're the one who said its not leather not ME if its not leather its not real if you were with her and she bought it in LV then its leather and real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
It depends. Your basic LV handbag in brown and gold monogram is made of a specially treated canvas. The handles are vachetta leather.

She obviously doesn't own one, thank you for clarifying I was just going to let he rant on about it.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
I know that again its REAL LEATHER Not fake how ming mDing worded it sounded like it was fake leather

you mad?

it is not leather... can you comprehend that?

Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
you're the one who said its not leather not ME if its not leather its not real if you were with her and she bought it in LV then its leather and real.
The most popular LV bags are made of "coated canvas" not leather. Because they wanted a durable/weather proof material for luggage.

The only leather bags at LV are even more expensive. They start at like $5000. The "cheaper" ones with the monograms or the checkerboard are coated canvas.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Some people just respect fashion and everyone has their own taste. With a gift, it's always the thought that counts. It's certainly better if you like it, but you can't always win on that one. I wouldn't say it's an investment in terms of direct appreciation (as she implies) and it does cost more than traditional purses, but it's still only just a $1000.
I like my friends. I can't think of one I'd give a $1000 gift to.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 PM

This is the exact purse she bought me. http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#/...earch/BACKPACK I do like it, however I was just floored how much it cost considering it was not even leather.

My friend has a lot of money and she buys a LV purse for all her friends. She buys me nice gifts a lot, she is really a nice person and just likes doing nice things because she can.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
This is the exact purse she bought me. http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#/...earch/BACKPACK I do like it, however I was just floored how much it cost considering it was not even leather.

My friend has a lot of money and she buys a LV purse for all her friends. She buys me nice gifts a lot, she is really a nice person and just likes doing nice things because she can.
Sounds like she is trying to buy friendship to me, but whatever floats your boat. As long as you enjoy your time with her.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 AM

24,511 posts, read 34,144,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sounds like she is trying to buy friendship to me, but whatever floats your boat. As long as you enjoy your time with her.
Not necessarily. Money is different value to different people. An upper middle class person who makes, say, $350,000, doesn't really understand that $1000 is a lot more than $100 because they live on a different scale. It's not that they are trying to impress, it's just the scale on which they spend on. Conversely, a poor person thinks $200 is a lot more than $100 because they live on a smaller scale. It's all perception based on available resources.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:21 AM

THE HANDLES, TRIM< ARE REAL LEATHER THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOU ON THE REAL ONES. i own a few VINTAGE PURSES FROM THE 70'S, plus luggage and one vintage steamer, diary/planner, i collect heir catalogs and have most of them. i also have a tennis racquet cover, vintage tv guide holder, mini steamer trunk, make up travel case to name most of my LV collection...SO I KNOW MY LV BABY!

Last edited by =Lavender=; 06-26-2012 at 01:30 AM..

Old 06-26-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post

i agree its VERY ugly

Last edited by =Lavender=; 06-26-2012 at 01:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty