U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:17 PM

26,905 posts, read 28,224,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =lavender= View Post
you rock now we all have a great summer designer read :d thank you xo

Wait till you read about the Brazilian store, it sounds amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,945,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamoi View Post
Louis Vuitton is made in France, we have 10 factories here they also have 2 factories in Spain, one in USA (California) and a shoe factory in Italy. They don't have any factories in China. Source: my best friend who works for LVMH
That is true. Spain makes small accessories and some wallets. Limited Edition stuff is made in France.Some men's stuff used to be made in Germany-I think green Tiaga.
Most basic classic LV is made in San Dimas CA.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:46 PM

410 posts, read 708,793 times
I don't get the hype. It's all about the name too, LB are only popular due to it's name. I hate those tacky LB print purses and clothes. It's certainly not worth a one K.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:48 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,190,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post
I don't get the hype. It's all about the name too, LB are only popular due to it's name. I hate those tacky LB print purses and clothes. It's certainly not worth a one K.
Fashion is an art. People pay for art and artists. People pay for quality. We're not talking about a lot of money here.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 AM

944 posts, read 1,370,024 times
so the merch made in cal is it stamped made in america? Finally something made here lol and lets not forget the jobs the french are giving us.

I have a friend who works for Chanel cosmetics and found out that most of there stuff is made in NJ but they some how get away with saying its made in france by some processing of ingredient that are made in france an the components an fomula is finished in NJ if that made sense.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Yes. The stuff that is made in the USA is stamped made in USA unless it was made around 1990 then some pieces are stamped Malletier.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:30 AM

14,072 posts, read 20,178,184 times
Love my LV...Wouldn't trade them for the world

Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post

Let me give you a hint-if it says "LB" it is certainly fake-not to mention tacky! hahaha. How can you pick out Louis Vuitton clothing? It very rarely has any LV or Louis Vuitton on it. Do you see people wearing LV couture often?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM

665 posts, read 828,984 times
I know LV bags last forever.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:54 PM

948 posts, read 1,373,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Your friend is wrong. Louis Vuitton prices go up once sometimes more a year but the resale value doesn't go up unless it is a very rare limited edition item.
As far as vintage -if it was made in the USA for Louis Vuitton by The French Company in California during the 70s it is not as collectiblr as Louis Vuitton that was made in the US BY Louis Vuitton for Louis Vuitton-that happened around 1990 ish.The best is Louis made in France but Louis is also made in Spain.
Price wise it is because it is made by hand by craftspeople who have generally worked for LV for decades. Like any luxury item the cost reflects more than the item itself. Louis boutiques are beautiful and have high end displays that change often. Also many special events by invitation only to good customers. Also very,very nice GWP if you spend enough. The packaging of LV is pretty wonderful -the boxes last for years.The catalogues are pretty luxurious.It is about the whole experience. I know I think it is pretty cool to get a Thank You card on LV stationary from my Sales Associate after I have bought something.Personal service is part of the cost.
You are correct. The Speedy bag is a classic and is indestructible. It's my go to bag for work and travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty