U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 12:19 AM

788 posts, read 1,683,782 times

Advertisements

I never understood the obsession of people who care so much about what other people are wearing. Normally the people like that were the bullies in school.

I wear my jeans at the top of my butt crack and my underwear a little bit higher just in case my jeans decide to slip down. That is the most comfortable for me. While I am a big guy I have no hips or booty to hold my jeans up so sometime my underwear is exposed. My personal rule of thumb is my private parts have to barely touch the seam at the bottom of the rise because I am still young and sometimes I have trouble controlling when arousal happens so looser jeans hide that. To me it is a fashion choice when I am not working or doing something formal. And like what a lot of people are saying, Why do you care what I am wearing? I've graduated high school and college and have lived long enough for me to make my own personal fashion choices.

Also because I am bisexual I love seeing nice booties hanging out of pants be it a man's or a woman's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 01:57 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,963,452 times
Leave the little criminals alone. Loose pants makes it easier for them to hide their guns and drugs. It also makes it easier for the police to catch the idiots when they try to run and their pants fall to their ankles. Back in the late 80s to early 90s we wore pants that were made to be baggy. Difference was they were still made to fit at the waist, not below your butts. My pants do sometimes drop down halfway past my backside, but that's from losing weight and the regular bending and working I do on the job.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:24 AM

14,311 posts, read 12,565,603 times
They remind me of toddlers waddling around with a "load" in their diapers.

Now..... let's add that "cool" move so popular now......grabbing their "pee-pees"........ like little boys do when they need to visit the restroom.

Hmmm.

Perhaps they all have latent potty-training issues.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:41 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I am a man, and I happen to agree with you, BUT....

Try writing the same article but substituting a woman's cleavage. It really comes off as pretty funny. Why can a woman show boob cleavage, but a man shouldn't show butt cleavage?

Is this sexist, or are we just nuts as a culture.
I don't even like it when WOMEN show butt cleavage, let alone men. It's just not classy. Everyone should pull their pants up.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:58 AM

12,422 posts, read 14,547,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
When I see people wearing sagging pants and their underwear out, the first thing I think of is:

1) They're homeless;
2) They have no money;
3) They might have a gun hidden in their pants;
4) Their underwear is filthy.
I've seen many homeless with FAR better taste than that....second hand stores are very inexpensive.....could be hiding something.....at least they got some underwear on, considering half their ***** is hanging out all the same.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:41 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sagging is completely and utterly retarded..... sorry to offend retarded people, but I just can't think of another way to say it...

I saw this young black kid recently, he was practically limping to try and get across the street, pants were sagging really low, his boxers were completely out... he look so silly I was embarrassed for him. I see white kids do it too... not sure if its a hip hop thing or just a stupid kid thing... or both....
Just dumb. I see kids of all ethnicities (and classes) going for this look where I live. I just wait for them to trip.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 AM

3,803 posts, read 4,803,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
the boys are so cute with thier butts out, !!

leave my saggers alone, I like them.

ewww!
just saw a 50 yr old man with his drawers above his jeans---did not look good especially since his flat butt kept those jeans fallin faster(plus his legs were ugly(and he was sober,with a woman who must have no taste in men

Old 07-08-2012, 04:29 PM

2,386 posts, read 5,275,587 times
This style is the most foolish, idiotic, ghetto looking fashion statement. I hate guys that think they are cute wearing it and I hate women who think its even remotely cute. It looks immature, irresponsible and lazy and is just some jail and slave culture fashion.

Some of these ghetto youth, especially the black youth should know that saggin is the "N Word" spelled backwards.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,270,086 times
As I said, if women were wearing open blouses showing their bra, I'd react the same way. Why are SOME (not all) males showing their underwear to the public, and to other males? The question still stands. This has nothing to do with fashion. This has to do with males showing their underwear to the general public, and choosing to wear their pants so that they fall off their body and onto the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
You can go to nearly any college campus and see plenty of male students walking around campus with sagging pants. Every generation seems to have a gripe with how the younger generation is dressing. In the 1960s it was mini-skirts, in the 1970s it was long hair, etc. With all that is going on in the world, this really just isn't that big of a deal. Plenty of people wear things that I would never wear and things that I just don't like. I don't spend my time judging them. There are just too many other things in life to focus on.

What is this obsession with underwear? It's so easy to focus on something else if you don't want to see it. Again, I don't think people who wear this fashion give a damn what anyone thinks about the way they dress, including other men. I could flip your question and ask the same about women who wear low cut, revealing outfits. Are women who wear tight, revealing outfits lesbians because they're showing other women their ass and boobs? If they're truly not lesbian, why would they want other females looking at THEIR behinds, the cracks of their asses, their hooha, and the sweat from their boobs hidden behind a flimsy dress or top?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:34 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,270,086 times
You just called it perfectly. It is utterly retarded. The wearers look that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sagging is completely and utterly retarded..... sorry to offend retarded people, but I just can't think of another way to say it...

I saw this young black kid recently, he was practically limping to try and get across the street, pants were sagging really low, his boxers were completely out... he look so silly I was embarrassed for him. I see white kids do it too... not sure if its a hip hop thing or just a stupid kid thing... or both....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or