U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:46 PM

26,866 posts, read 28,137,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
There's a big difference. Sagging pants fashion is basically "wear your underwear out on the street" fashion. It's crude, lewd and rude.
There is no law against being lewd, crude or rude (except maybe at work).

People make questionable clothing choices all the time. We don't need to police them.

(And I am the first one to chuckle when someone has their pants sagging so low it impacts mobility, ow when their bare legs are showing below their underwear.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pear martini View Post
lol! At first when you said you were addicted to coke i thought you meant cocaine! Phew...anyways

there is a huge difference between men showing butt cleavage and women showing cleavage.

Now, if men want to start showing some frontal cleavage with low slung pants, i think i would be fine with that.

Maybe they would start making push-up boxers but certainly not minimizer boxers :d
lol!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:53 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,270,086 times
His boxer shorts did not even appear clean. There he is, showing his boxers to the general public, and he probably smells of...

Needless to say, I stood way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
was the underware so washed out that it was almost see through, that could be fun too look at.

I hope other men look at my ass......cause i am firece.

Last edited by Saritaschihuahua; 06-27-2012 at 02:04 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post

And what's with girls now wearing cargos or the long baggy basketball shorts with boxers exposed?
I remember being in middle or high school and wanting to do the exposed boxers look like TLC. I had my purple jeans and looney toons lavendar colored boxers. I pulled the boxers up a liitl high so they were visible above the waist band. And my pants a little lower (maybe an inch, so pretty much equivalent to your typical low rise pant). And I wore it with a normal shirt, that hit my waist. I went downstairs to head to school, and my mom banned that look straight away. I didn't get to leave the house. (Keep in mind there was around an inch of visible boxers at my waist.)

This was probably a good plan, and saved me from having that as an embarrassing picture. That was pretty much my one foray into the "hip hop fashion." My mom pretty much banned me from adopting all of the TLC-esque styles I wanted to wear. (I mostly dressed either preppy or in t-shirts and jeans.)

I was allowed to follow the horrible trend of leaving one part of my overalls unhooked. Ugh, that was so ugly. To refresh your memory:

Old 06-27-2012, 01:59 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,270,086 times
Depends! (And maybe they should wear Depends lol). Anyway, depends on the State, municipality, city, etc. There are laws being passed against sagging pants being worn in public. Also, schools are prohibiting them. I'm totally in favor of that. Sagging pants are basically wearing your underwear in public, and I don't believe underwear is permitted to be worn in public in most places.

I don't know about San Francisco where they have those midnight naked bike rides. Pure rot. I'll bet plenty leave treadmarks on their bike seats.

Ha! Yes to the mobility. They make themselves disabled by tying their legs together with their sagging pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is no law against being lewd, crude or rude (except maybe at work).

People make questionable clothing choices all the time. We don't need to police them.

(And I am the first one to chuckle when someone has their pants sagging so low it impacts mobility, ow when their bare legs are showing below their underwear.)

Old 06-27-2012, 03:04 PM

14,311 posts, read 12,565,603 times
Baggy pants help fight crime.

Baggy Pants Can Trip Up Criminals, Say Police - ABC News
Quote:
"When they run, it makes our job easier," said Jim Matheny, a lieutenant with the Stamford, Conn., police department. The 41-year-old told ABC News he has no trouble chasing down suspects who wear low-hanging pants.
"They go to take off and either they have to use their hands to hold their pants up or several times the pants just fell down around their knees and they had to stop running," Matheny said. "They spend all day thinking of ways to beat the police and then they go and put these pants on. It really handicaps them."

Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM

4,614 posts, read 6,113,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That's pretty funny! Makes sense too.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:27 PM

3,065 posts, read 5,276,562 times
This was posted in another thread. I took this photo at the SF Marathon. Someone hired this kid to be their corporate sponsor. It wasn't Hanes.

Thread: Guys and saggy pants that show underwear!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:44 PM

6,295 posts, read 10,460,438 times
Another poster alluded to the fact that this was a prison thing and said "it's not a pretty story". What I heard was that it alludes to gays in prison advertising the fact that they are- ahem- readily available. Sort of an animalistic submissive posture.

But I doubt the middle class morons who've adopted this "fashion" have any idea exactly what they're advertising.

We have the ghetto prison culture influencing boy's fashions and Madonna- the ultimate tramp in underwear- still influencing the girls. Pardon me while I gag.

A similar phenomenon is the rings in the noses and piercing stuff- started with the bondage & discipline underground- now it's -pardon me whilst I gag again- mainstream???

Old 06-27-2012, 04:02 PM

452 posts, read 747,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
The sagging pants trend started in prison and it is not a pretty story. I guess ex-cons made it popular when they were released from prison and we all know how the regular folks admire ex-cons, thugs, drug lords, etc.

Monkey see; Monkey do

I see the same thing with slim fitted jeans. Some people are sagging them too. I guess these dudes want attention from any source. (male or female)
You are partly correct: It started in prison, as part of the Black Culture, and the reason for the sagging pants is obvious: In prison many newcomers are raped, therefore, the pants down the hips make it easy for them to be gang- raped. Not that they want to be raped unless they are gay......it is just part of the prison scene........they would be raped whether they are gay or not.....

From prison, it went into the streets of New York City, mostly again, the Black kids. But, New Yorkers paid them no attention, so now, it is beginning to spread all over the USA.

I, personally, find it utterly disgusting..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or