U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:13 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,150,693 times

Advertisements

Wow, some of you are either stupid or just willfully ignorant. A simple google search could have given you an accurate history of sagging pants.

Sagging Pants History

Prison Culture » Sagging Pants, Criminality, and Prison Clothing

"Some people still believe that this notorious trend was an African-American creation which was eventually embraced by the mainstream culture. There are some more versions which associate the trend of sagging pants with homosexuality and the world of crime, wherein criminals used these loose clothing to hide their weapons. These things were however dismissed as baseless allegations, owing to lack of substantial evidence."

Being raped HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT and it did not originate from black culture.

Damn people, do some research, it's really not that hard.

@Hollytree Who's the "moron" now?

Last edited by tonym9428; 06-27-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
You are partly correct: It started in prison, as part of the Black Culture, and the reason for the sagging pants is obvious: In prison many newcomers are raped, therefore, the pants down the hips make it easy for them to be gang- raped. Not that they want to be raped unless they are gay......it is just part of the prison scene........they would be raped whether they are gay or not......
Black culture? Sorry not all black people are the same. From prison culture to Hip hop culture is more accurate, but being black doesn't mean you like hip hop and vice versa. You should really call it youth culture, because people born from around 1970s-1990s of all classes and ethnic groups are likely to do it.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:23 PM

224 posts, read 680,067 times
Just curious has anyone every hollered "pull up your drawers" when seeing these saggers in public? I have been so tempted to many times at the extremist saggers, but never have.

I think the skinny pants saggers are even dumber as they have to either grab the excess fabric in their crotch or else hold onto their belt loop or waistband so they can walk without tripping. Morons!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 PM

4,615 posts, read 6,113,536 times
They don't bother me because they are so funny. I just laugh. In fact, thanks to this thread, I will be keeping an even better eye out for them.

I think to top off the look though, they need to have a baseball cap on sideways. That really looks stupid!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM

749 posts, read 689,774 times
The real truth behind the 'sagging pants' phenomenon is finally revealed...

Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM

4,615 posts, read 6,113,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
The real truth behind the 'sagging pants' phenomenon is finally revealed...
OH, that is funny!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 PM

440 posts, read 771,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So it is a gay bathhouse look? You know, a "hey guys, check out my behind," kind of thing?
Why are you so preoccupied with the whole "men looking at men's butts" angle???

Old 06-27-2012, 05:43 PM

224 posts, read 680,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecbee View Post
Why are you so preoccupied with the whole "men looking at men's butts" angle???
I don't know that he or she is that preoccupied with it. The gay butt sex theory has been repeated over and over again for years now. People constantly make fun of it in news articles and discuss it on Facebook. Pretty much everyone has heard that story before.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
I thought this was an awesome solution to students sagging at school:
Students get 'Urkeled' for baggy pants

Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,270,086 times
So the sagging pants is an "I'm ready to be had" fashion then. Pretty ugly meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Another poster alluded to the fact that this was a prison thing and said "it's not a pretty story". What I heard was that it alludes to gays in prison advertising the fact that they are- ahem- readily available. Sort of an animalistic submissive posture.

But I doubt the middle class morons who've adopted this "fashion" have any idea exactly what they're advertising.

We have the ghetto prison culture influencing boy's fashions and Madonna- the ultimate tramp in underwear- still influencing the girls. Pardon me while I gag.

A similar phenomenon is the rings in the noses and piercing stuff- started with the bondage & discipline underground- now it's -pardon me whilst I gag again- mainstream???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or