U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,128 times

Advertisements

I love "love Spell" too, but it doesnt last long on me. Costume National "Scent intense" is THE BEST EVER. The one in the black bottle. It's like $150 for 3.4 oz I think. I have not been able to afford it for a few years, but it is worth every dime. I'm always trying to find something else that can measure up. People would stop me everyday and ask what the hell smelled so good on me. Deep and intense. The only other that even came close was Narcio Rodriguez. The oil in the black bottle. (not the perfume or the cologne. The OIL.) Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 PM

15,815 posts, read 4,933,811 times
Jessica McClintock lasts a long time on me. It's a light floral that is fresh and not too sweet.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:27 AM

43 posts, read 75,737 times
Ralph Lauren's fragrance,is my love .

Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM

609 posts, read 1,069,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milabs View Post
YUCK! Love Spell gives me a headache...and my teenage dd loves it! LOL I'm more of a philosophy girl myself...love the pure grace and amazig grace and falling in love in nice as well.
i love love spell, but i love sweet daydream the most for the victorias secret scents. i have a bunch of them, i do retail therapy with the VS smelly stuff lol. AND philosophy! my favorite of theirs is unconditional love. smells so good and it lasts all day long on me. i smell it all day long when i wear it like i just sprayed it.

and my number one favorite is kat von d's saint. i dont think it lasts the whole day...but im totally addicted to the smell...when i put it on im sure i always put on too much at first because im greedy for the smell of it lol. stuff smells amazing.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:52 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,005,188 times
Since perfumes are supposed to change your scent I can think of nothing that tops good ol' skunk spray for being looooooong lasting. Oh,yeah!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 PM

14,810 posts, read 13,562,403 times
I haven't worn fragrances for years but "Joy" by Jean Patou was one that lasted a long time.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:46 PM

179 posts, read 477,883 times
I'd say Shalimar lasts a long time, but it is too heavy for me. Most orientals tend to last much longer than fresh, florals, or citrus bases. Chance by Chanel is lovely, and if you like it lighter you can buy the "eau fraiche" version. If you're looking for long lasting, purchase based on the content of perfume oil that is in the product. Most common on the market are Eau de toilette and eau de parfum. The good side is that it will last longer (both on you and in the bottle, as you won't need as much), the bad side is that it will usually cost more.

Eau Fraiche (Usually 3% or less perfume oil)
Eau de cologne - EDC (2 - 5% perfume oil)
Eau de toilette - EDT (4 - 10% perfume oil)
Eau de parfum - EDP (8 - 15% perfume oil)
Soie de Parfum (15 - 18% perfume oil)
PARFUM (15 - 25% -- also sometimes referred to as Extract or Extrait)
Perfume oil (15-30% perfume oil in an oil rather than alcohol base)

Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,312,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Insolence (guerlain) is one of my favorites. I usually prefer lighter, fresher scents but this one has a smoldering, yummy quality to it. It lasts forever on me.
Yes, Insolence is the stuff! Love it.

I'm partial to oils, and use Obsession, Opium, and Paris Hilton's Fairy Dust.
Another thing about oils I like is mixing them to make your own unique fragrance. Yes, you can do that with sprays, but oils seem to last longer.

Victoria Secret's "Sexy" (I think it comes in a red bottle) cologne had good staying power. It costs about $40.00. May get that for my birthday in a few months (can't afford it now).

Old 07-01-2011, 03:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,292 times
davidoff cool water for woman, lasted untill all day long..

Old 07-04-2011, 01:10 AM

2,207 posts, read 3,014,203 times
I think what's considered "long lasting", usually has more to do with skin chemistry than the actual "classification". I can still faintly smell most of the fragrances I've put on earlier at the end of the day, regardless of how "strong" or "weak" they're classified as.

The fragrance that seems to have the most longevity out of all the fragrances I have, is Prada's original. I put some on the previous evening, showered in the morning and could still vaguely detect it throughout the day.

And yes, paying more doesn't necessarily equal "more longevity".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty