U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,194,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the OP in this regard. She has put herself out here on an Internet forum with pictures of herself. Now someone has come along that actually knows her and has provided details into the OP's life which paint quite a different picture than the OP has presented in previous threads. IMO she has no one to blame but herself.
They both look ridiculous.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,148,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well the OP has been actively participating in the "raise the stakes" cat-and-mouse game with OngletNYC whom everyone knows isn't afraid to lay it out; so OP should have known it was gonna get here eventually. Besides, it's damn good theater for the rest of us.
This thread has had over 4,000 views so a lot of people, besides the ones posting on it are reading it. And I don't know. The divulgence of personal information was kind of immature. I really respected OngletNYC before this thread. I still do. But this will be in the back of my mind when I read posts from her now.

And the OP isn't even here to defend herself..(until 3 am)

I'm thinking of removing my pictures from my profile now. Sheesh.

Thanks for the idea from my rep!

Last edited by nj21; 07-02-2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Add comment.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:11 PM

38,691 posts, read 86,797,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
This thread has had over 4,000 views so a lot of people, besides the ones posting on it are reading it. And I don't know. The divulgence of personal information was kind of immature. I really respected OngletNYC before this thread. I still do. But this will be in the back of my mind when I read posts from her now.

And the OP isn't even here to defend herself..(until 3 am)

I'm thinking of removing my pictures from my profile now. Sheesh.
1) I have nothing invested in either of these ladies who are ultimately just names on my computer screen so I don't really think more or less about either of them.

2) There are way too many vindictive and creepy people on the internet for me to be putting my picture or too much personal info out there for all the world to see. Each has their own risk tolerance I suppose.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,524,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Agreed. I don't know what's worse, the behavior of the person who put the OP on blast or the people in the "audience" cackling with glee.

This is none of our business, and I am done with this thread.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
Truthfully I don't think anyone is cackling with glee, if anything most of us find this thread to be bizarre(bordering pathetic), and at this point many are just waiting for it to be closed.

The OP shouldn't have created a thread like this, especially based on how she's responded to comments thusfar (it's clear that she isn't looking for advice about anything). I mean if you read the thread, it truly has no point...

And when you post things for the public to see/read, then be prepared for the many different consequences that can come with it. In her case, it was someone recognizing her and airing her dirty laundry.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:21 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,084,617 times
I feel like I've just watched an episode of Jerry Springer...I feel a bit dirty now.

They're all crazy but one thing stood out in amongst all the cat-slapping -

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post

Men around me use me hard? That's how I got to the age of 26 without paying rent?

<goes back to sweeping up the broken fingernails, popcorn and torn hair extensions.

Last edited by MsAnnThrope; 07-02-2012 at 06:34 PM..

Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,148,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
1) I have nothing invested in either of these ladies who are ultimately just names on my computer screen so I don't really think more or less about either of them.

2) There are way too many vindictive and creepy people on the internet for me to be putting my picture or too much personal info out there for all the world to see. Each has their own risk tolerance I suppose.
True. But you can still respect what the name says in the posts that she writes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I feel like I've just watched an episode of Jerry Springer...I feel a bit dirty now.

They're all crazy but one thing stood out in amongst all the cat-slapping -

<goes back to sweeping up the broken fingernails, popcorn and torn hair extensions.
Watching Maury always makes me feel horrible...

"You are NOT the father!!"

Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
All you need to know is that I make more than the average American, I
So that means you make about $50K a year or more. That's not bad for a waitress.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:09 PM

11,428 posts, read 19,438,504 times
Quote:
Oh please don't misunderstand. I don't think working on my looks will improve the nature of the relationships that I get into! I just think my energies are best temporarily focused at least on doing everything I can to indulge myself, instead of worrying about someone else. I also hope that after I see how much pleasure I derive spoiling myself, everything else will seem not as important.
Let me tell you something -- my nieces pulled one a perfect storm on me -- one graduated high school this June and the other is getting married in August. Both of those are quilt events. I just finished a twin sized bed quilt AND an oversized king sized bed quilt, all of which had curved piecing.

In six months.

I had to be laser focused on sewing these things to get them done in time to be quilted and life around me went to hell in a handbasket.

Not to mention the little space alien kitten (6 months old, barely four pounds) who needed rescued and now has a home with us -- and that little sweetie needs a lot of lap time...

I'm agreeing with you -- you're focused on things other than dating right now -- you need to be, you want to be.

But today, now that it's well and truly done.... I found myself singing Cole Porter songs. I am SO happy. It's over.

You'll get there -- and if you don't, then see someone, you have a problem.

Although I have the feeling I'll be up to my neck in making baby quilts....

Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,084,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So that means you make about $50K a year or more. That's not bad for a waitress.

I'm thinkin OP works in a very classy establishment with a special *ahem* dress code for their workers.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:07 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,252,467 times
Quote:
Do people who permanently alter the texture of their hair, sculpt their abdomen, or straighten their teeth hate themselves? Wanting to look better doesn't mean you don't love yourself, in fact to me it's quite the opposite. I see myself as an investment.
Change the texture of hair= societal pressures and/or looking like a sleek professional

sculpt abdomen= working out is good for your health

straighten teeth= prevents cavities, crowding, and other expensive things to treat

I get that you are in the sex industry and investing in cosmetic surgery will be an investment because it may increase your income but I hope it doesn't go on forever.

Quote:
Going under anesthesia is less risky than being in a motor vehicle. It's not something I'm doing flippantly, though I'm aware that I won't always be this obsessed. I have a strong sense for what will please me. I know this will give me a lot more gratification than buying clothes, handbags, shoes, or anything else.

Yeah, that's really a lot of it to be frank. I'm a single person with not a lot of obligations other than myself and no credit card debt, so when I saw money begin to accrue in my bank account I thought I'd fulfill dreams that I always had. I went to a plastic surgeon for a consult in 2010 but didn't have the money and it was like a kick in the stomach I felt so defeated.

Wow, how poignant. To think my the dreams that consume me involve becoming a professional and being able to tell my mom one day she never has to go to work again if she doesn't want to and to be close to my family and loved ones. Jeez...I sound boring compared to you.

Quote:
My plastic surgeon must buck the trend, because he's hot as hell. He also has a sense of humor, he cracked on me when I said I wasn't thin and I was too slow to get it and thought he was actually calling me fat for a second. He also said my right boobie is slightly bigger than my left boobie, which is hilarious cause I've never noticed. Too bad there's a ring on it.
Its almost sad that you don't even know that every woman has one boob slightly larger than the other. This is a scientific fact I thought we all learned in middle school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty