U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 03:08 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,773,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
This is weird, and hard to describe to other people...but I've completely lost interest in sex and dating in the past two months.

I've always loved men and constantly going out on dates, in fact I've been teased by friends and family members because I always seem to be meeting a different man and my life is always rapidly changing.

In April, I decided that I was going to go on a cosmetic journey, and get several procedures I've always wanted, jaw reduction, breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and liposuction...now that I can somewhat afford it. The thing is, though, working for it, researching on it, and spending time on cosmetic surgery forums has nearly completely swallowed up my life. I don't go out with friends anymore, and I do not date or hook up.

I don't know what it is. Partially it is exhaustion from working so much, but mostly because I really think I cannot enjoy being with anyone until everything feels...perfect. I completely blow off anyone who tries to talk to me whether I'm interested or not, and I went from having a pretty high sex drive to one that is completely non-existent. For the first time in my life since being sexually active I can say I have zero interest in having sex with anyone.

For a minute I thought I might be slightly depressed, but that's really not true. I have a lot of energy...for working, reading up on my procedures, planning dates and consultations, just not much energy for anything else.

Now I'm kind of worried as this process will take a while (jaw reduction and augmentation, what I call rounds 1 and 2 will be done in 2 weeks, but rhinoplasty and lipo plans may drag on til November), and all this time I will have cheated myself out of opportunities to meet people and enjoy myself. But it's not an option not to do these things.

I'm thinking maybe a forced hold up between my augmentation and rhinoplasty where I make myself go out and date will be helpful, but part of me doesn't want to wait and drag on this process.
Your money would be better spent on the therapy couch> figuring out why you don't love or accept/value yourself just the way you are.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM

884 posts, read 1,153,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
You guys missed the point of the thread. She didn't come here asking whether our not she should get plastic surgery. She wants to know how to change her attitude brought about by planning her plastic surgery.

Why is this so hard to get? (For everyone, not just you.)
One of the previous posters nailed it. They stated she was pouring all of her energy into the research and planning of the surgeries that it took the place of sex and dating. Seems logical to me and maybe that is what she's doing but not realizing it.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM

8,881 posts, read 15,666,377 times
I lost interest in sex and dating when stirrup pants became popular. I got over it when they went out of style, though.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:59 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,275,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I lost interest in sex and dating when stirrup pants became popular. I got over it when they went out of style, though.
Looks like you'll be losing interest again. They're back...

Old 06-29-2012, 04:05 PM

8,881 posts, read 15,666,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Looks like you'll be losing interest again. They're back...
Where's the "shuddering" emoticon? Guess I'll have to go with this one:

Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM

545 posts, read 759,424 times
Awww man, thought it was a cosmic journey...... /yawn

Old 06-29-2012, 05:52 PM

1,576 posts, read 1,427,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Are you really reading into what most of us are saying in regards to why she doesn't need it? Yes, you're right, she didn't ask but our comments (or most of our comments) have to do with what's mentally going on. All of this seems to have consumed her and that is probably what has made her lose interest. She can't change her attitude that was brought on from the planning because it has taken over her. She can add 2 more thumbs to each hand or get spikes implanted in her forehead, I really don't care. It's the OBSESSION that is consuming her. All the effort, emotion, money, time, etc, that she's putting into procedures seems to have disconnected her from every day things. We know she's not going to change her mind but we're just putting out there that she doesn't need these things and to redirect her focus. I guess for lack of a better phrase, some of us are trying to tell her to "SNAP OUT OF IT". I would hate for her to either not be happy with the results or get trapped even more in the obsession to the point where she loses touch with all reality and stops socializing to the point where all her relationships (family, friends) become affected.

This is exactly it. Although I would add that therapy would likely aid greatly in "snapping out of it."

Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 PM

38,784 posts, read 37,987,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
You're insecure and I agree with Doll Eyes.
I bang heads with Dolleyes all the time, but I have to agree with her on this one.......

Old 06-29-2012, 07:19 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,091,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I am happy with my face and body. I don't think I'm ugly or unattractive and never been given a reason to...I think I'm just caught up in the process as much as I am the transformation. The planning and the saving gives me a thrill. Thinking of what I'll do next and how quickly I can get it done is exciting. It just consumes all my energy.
Wait...you are happy with your face and body but you are paying someone to cut into that face and body? You know they cut, right? With knives? And oops...made a mistake....oh well...(Michael Jackson ring a bell? Tara Reid? Janice Dickinson? All with more expensive surgeons than yours, I'm sure).

Major pain, of course all surgery carries risks that something will go wrong and you'll cark it right then and there on the operating table...all for cosmetic surgery YOU DON'T FEEL YOU NEED?

I'm sorry but I believe you have actually lost your mind and should be saving up and planning for a transformation that you can get in a mental hospital. Maybe a shot of electricity or a small alteration to your frontal lobe will make you wake up and realise how seriously distorted your thinking is.

If youd've logged on and said, yes my boobs are wonky, my nose too big....fair enough, fix it. But you have said the EXACT OPPOSITE. You've said, "I'm fine and dandy, now I'll change it".

That to me is the definition of CRAZY.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:20 PM

8,738 posts, read 9,593,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I bang heads with Dolleyes all the time, but I have to agree with her on this one.......

Hell hath frozen over, LOL. I agree with you in the CF thread.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-30-2012 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Corrected a typo for user.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty