U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 PM

8,521 posts, read 13,564,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Babeechick, I am worried that when your procedures are over, you will not feel "finished" and ready to go back to your old life. What if you miss the excitement and anticipation of planning more procedures and decide to get "just one thing more," and "okay, this other thing, but THEN I'm done," and so on?

All of us have seen women, in real life or pictures, who have gone too far with plastic surgery. I bet all of them started out thinking it would just be the eyelid lift and the Botox, and then the chin and neck scuplting plus a little bit of lipo ... and down the road they are on their third calf reshaping and getting fillers in their hands. I am glad that you recognize that something not quite right is going on, and I hope you will go see somebody about that.
Her thinking reminds me of those that get just one tiny tatoo-than that turns into two tatts than before you know it they are covered in tatts.

Whatever happed to being happy with whom you are? I cannot say if I think she is attractive or not because it doesn't matter but I will there are some serious issues that need to be worked out mentally.

I wish her the best no matter what she decides.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 PM

8,521 posts, read 13,564,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
fyi...there are meny men that find fake stuff repulsive, myself included. When im with a woman, i dont have to worry about squeezing something to hard, and then getting sued because something pops. OP, seems like youre getting alot of good advice in this thread but its falling on deaf ears. Why not use this time and channel your energy into something that will help you grow, like volunteering to help others, reading or taking a class to learn something new? (perhaps you already do these, but this whole plastic surgery mini obsession seems very unhealthy to me. More than likely you dont need to see a plastic surgeon, but a therapist)
To me she is far from being attractive.......as a result of reading this thread and another thread she is no longer a attractive woman.

Its unfortunate that a lot of people have no idea as to what their value as a person is other than their looks.

Last edited by Ron.; 06-29-2012 at 08:07 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 PM

72,925 posts, read 64,373,343 times
Chronically perceiving yourself as a work-in-progress, always finding some little thing that needs to be tweaked and improved, is one form of body dysmorphic disorder, and is a mental health issue. You don't need to be perfect, anyway. None of us do. Sometimes it's the slightly odd little things, the freckles or slight irregularities that are what enchant a guy.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 PM

17,868 posts, read 17,097,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I want what he's having.
Captain and coke, whiskey and coke, blue moon. What's your order stranger?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM

38,691 posts, read 86,897,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
"In the mouths of many voices, there is safety."
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
It's a Biblical quote that means that if many people are telling you the same thing, there has to be an element of truth in what they're saying.
Do yourself a massive favor: bear this notion in mind and read back through this thread.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 PM

9,415 posts, read 11,291,106 times
My two cents worth and I haven't read many other posts so it may have already been addressed but you have body dysmorphia and need to see a therapist who can help you deal with your intense lack of ability to accept yourself without massive amounts of plastic surgery. This is not normal behaviour. No-one is perfect and few expect perfection from the person they love. You really need to seek therapy hon.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:20 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,136,303 times
you're sooo vain...I bet you think this song is about you...

Old 06-30-2012, 02:41 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,274,875 times
Well for one people need to stop feeding into this and telling her how hot and gorgeous she is. It's seriously overload. You are giving her the fuel that she needs. Just give her advice without commenting on her looks.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:25 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,433,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Babeechick, I am worried that when your procedures are over, you will not feel "finished" and ready to go back to your old life. What if you miss the excitement and anticipation of planning more procedures and decide to get "just one thing more," and "okay, this other thing, but THEN I'm done," and so on?
I worried about that initially, JJ, but I realize I'm exhausted with this whole process and the only thing paid for and fully planned are my breasts and my jaw. It's been 2 months and I'm already tired of this with my rhinoplasty and lipo to go by November. I have my rhinoplasty consult on the 9th and seriously I'm over it, just trying to weather this process out for the feeling of accomplishment.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:30 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,433,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

OP, how about trying an experiment, and setting aside all the magazines and info materials, putting it all away for a week or two, to see how you feel about getting back into your old groove with guys? See if you can do it, and if it gives you the same pleasure as before?
That's like impossible for me. The first thing I do when I wake up is check my multiple plastic surgery forums. Then I check my email which gives me updates on plastic surgery news. When I youtube I check out plastic surgery network. I know this is temporary because I have an obssessive personality and have been temporarily obsessed with many, many, many other things, I just know I need to get round 2 out of the way to get back to my normal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty