Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 09:41 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I know 3 women who had augmentation and they now regret it.
Being in the business I'm in, I've known about 50 augmented women and have felt a ton of fake boobies. That's how I knew what I wanted (silicone vs. saline, mod profiles vs. high profiles, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Friends and family will tell us what we want to hear but a stranger will tell it like it is sometimes.

I don't know about this...my friends and family are harsher than strangers!

Thanks to the ladies who said nice things about my appearance, that's sweet.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:47 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Being in the business I'm in, I've known about 50 augmented women and have felt a ton of fake boobies. That's how I knew what I wanted (silicone vs. saline, mod profiles vs. high profiles, etc). I guess "hands on experience" REALLY is the only way to know LOL

I don't know about this...my friends and family are harsher than strangers!

Thanks to the ladies who said nice things about my appearance, that's sweet.

No need to thank. We're just being honest. But the reality is, at the end of the day, it's your decision and if this is what makes you happy, then go for it. Good luck with the surgery and I hope you have a great surgeon (we don't wanna see a cement butt )....though something tells me you've probably spent thousands of hours researching him lol.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:51 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Partly because, despite your objections, getting lots of plastic surgery is a sign of deep insecurities.

Your phrase "now that I can somewhat afford it" is also a red flag for your future.

Imagine what seriously relevant and meaningful things you could do with that $$, time and mental energy, rather than implanting it into your boobs.

You have no interest in dating & sex because you are all wrapped up in yourself.

Good point..... This thread is just an 'off shoot' of this one in the fashion section, that OP started.

Non-whites getting plastic surgery (on self-hating)

I have my share of problems, (lord knows I do) but I call it like I see it and the way I see it is: you're an attractive woman, YOU KNOW THIS ALREADY. No need to fish for compliments from strangers on the matter.

Get plastic surgery if you want it, don't get it if you don't. *shrugs*

Old 06-29-2012, 09:54 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:
I am happy with my face and body. I don't think I'm ugly or unattractive and never been given a reason to...I think I'm just caught up in the process as much as I am the transformation. The planning and the saving gives me a thrill. Thinking of what I'll do next and how quickly I can get it done is exciting. It just consumes all my energy.
It sounds like all of your priorities are in the wrong place. You are not living authentically-but if you want all of your energy going to these things, then knock yourself out.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 AM

Mod cut: Personal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
You are not living authentically-but if you want all of your energy going to these things, then knock yourself out.
What does it mean to live authentically?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-30-2012 at 10:19 AM..

Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
You know, Babee, I was wondering what your twin thinks? Do you think you want to make some changes to not be as identical? This might be a crazy thought but it just came to me...

Also, I was wondering how you think you'll feel when it's all done? Do you think you'll want additional procedures? Do you think you'll have what you've always wanted and that will be enough? For me, I worry that you might want more and I really worry about the pain you'll endure. If you're gonna be obsessed, at least that goes toward research for the best doctors and such. That's good, but if you're going through with it all, I hope that it settles you and brings you to the place you're hoping for.

And again (not that you asked for it or I thought you were fishing): YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL...just the way you are.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
You know, Babee, I was wondering what your twin thinks? Do you think you want to make some changes to not be as identical? This might be a crazy thought but it just came to me....
No lol. We are not identical. We look like sisters. My twin is generally disapproving but she's mentioned getting some work done herself.

Quote:
Also, I was wondering how you think you'll feel when it's all done? Do you think you'll want additional procedures?
Nope. No way. It was an exhilerating journey, but I'll be glad when it's over and behind me. I've been thinking about this for years.

Quote:
And again (not that you asked for it or I thought you were fishing): YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL...just the way you are.
Thanks, appreciate it.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
No lol. We are not identical. We look like sisters. My twin is generally disapproving but she's mentioned getting some work done herself.

Nope. No way. It was an exhilerating journey, but I'll be glad when it's over and behind me. I've been thinking about this for years.

Thanks, appreciate it.
That's funny about your sister - what kind of work does she want done and why would she be disapproving of the same thing? Oh, sisters can be that way!! And I'm happy to hear that this is it. You will definitely have to show us the after pictures...

Old 06-29-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
That's funny about your sister - what kind of work does she want done and why would she be disapproving of the same thing? Oh, sisters can be that way!! And I'm happy to hear that this is it. You will definitely have to show us the after pictures...
My sister wants mastopexy (a breast lift). She's had kids. I told her any plastic surgeon would tell her that since she's gonna lose a fairly large amount of tissue and will not have any upper pole fullness with just a mastopexy alone that she should consider a small implant to retain her pre surgery volume.

I will definitely show the after pictures.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
It worries me for you that you want to be perfect. Perfection isn't possible, so if you strive for it you're going to fail. I have no problem with someone having a boob job or a nose job...whatever. If that makes you feel better about yourself, then do it. But having surgery after surgery is pretty silly IMO.

If you don't have any interest in dating, then don't date. Maybe you just need a dating break while you focus on some other things. I've done that before. Who says you HAVE to date? You don't. So if you're not into dating, then don't date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty