Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 04:01 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
That's like impossible for me. The first thing I do when I wake up is check my multiple plastic surgery forums. Then I check my email which gives me updates on plastic surgery news. When I youtube I check out plastic surgery network. I know this is temporary because I have an obssessive personality and have been temporarily obsessed with many, many, many other things, I just know I need to get round 2 out of the way to get back to my normal life.

You acknowlege that this is a temporary obsession, yet you are making permanent decisions.

Can you see how skewed this thinking is?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
One thing that I have ALWAYS found interesting is the fact that many cosmetic surgeons are not attractive (especially the men) and have not had many (if any) cosmetic procedures themselves. I would find it hard to listen to whatever "nip/tuck" suggestions that these surgeons would offer up while they have obvious cosmetic imperfections themselves. But on the flip side, the ones who have had cosmetic procedures always seem to have gone that one or two steps too far so that they look unnatural.

Just a thought...

Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 PM

74 posts, read 136,618 times
I would research pschotherapy if I were you.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:34 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,835 times
Quote:
This is weird, and hard to describe to other people...but I've completely lost interest in sex and dating in the past two months.

I've always loved men and constantly going out on dates, in fact I've been teased by friends and family members because I always seem to be meeting a different man and my life is always rapidly changing.

In April, I decided that I was going to go on a cosmetic journey, and get several procedures I've always wanted, jaw reduction, breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and liposuction...now that I can somewhat afford it. The thing is, though, working for it, researching on it, and spending time on cosmetic surgery forums has nearly completely swallowed up my life. I don't go out with friends anymore, and I do not date or hook up.

I don't know what it is. Partially it is exhaustion from working so much, but mostly because I really think I cannot enjoy being with anyone until everything feels...perfect. I completely blow off anyone who tries to talk to me whether I'm interested or not, and I went from having a pretty high sex drive to one that is completely non-existent. For the first time in my life since being sexually active I can say I have zero interest in having sex with anyone.

For a minute I thought I might be slightly depressed, but that's really not true. I have a lot of energy...for working, reading up on my procedures, planning dates and consultations, just not much energy for anything else.

Now I'm kind of worried as this process will take a while (jaw reduction and augmentation, what I call rounds 1 and 2 will be done in 2 weeks, but rhinoplasty and lipo plans may drag on til November), and all this time I will have cheated myself out of opportunities to meet people and enjoy myself. But it's not an option not to do these things.

I'm thinking maybe a forced hold up between my augmentation and rhinoplasty where I make myself go out and date will be helpful, but part of me doesn't want to wait and drag on this process.
from your post, i think you would be better off consulting a mental health professional then this board for advise.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:43 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
You acknowlege that this is a temporary obsession, yet you are making permanent decisions.

Can you see how skewed this thinking is?
Maybe I should have clarified. The temporary part is this obsession with getting a total makeover in 2012 before my 27th birthday. I've been contemplating plastic surgery for over 6 years. When someone I dated over 4 years ago found out what I was getting done, he was like, "Oh, you've been telling me you wanted to do that." I didn't realize how much I talked about it beforehand, I guess I felt like I'd never get it done.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
I agree with Chessie Mom that you don't get what self-esteem is. It certainly has nothing to do with thinking you're more attractive or skilled than you are.
Yes it does. I was a psych major in college. Psychological studies of people that have what is considered average self esteem over estimate their level of attractiveness and skill level in comparison to others.

People, however, with moderate clinical depression were more likely to accurately guage their level of physical attractiveness/general knowledge/acumen.

What does that tell you?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
One thing that I have ALWAYS found interesting is the fact that many cosmetic surgeons are not attractive (especially the men) and have not had many (if any) cosmetic procedures themselves.Just a thought...
My plastic surgeon must buck the trend, because he's hot as hell. He also has a sense of humor, he cracked on me when I said I wasn't thin and I was too slow to get it and thought he was actually calling me fat for a second. He also said my right boobie is slightly bigger than my left boobie, which is hilarious cause I've never noticed. Too bad there's a ring on it.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:19 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
My plastic surgeon must buck the trend, because he's hot as hell. He also has a sense of humor, he cracked on me when I said I wasn't thin and I was too slow to get it and thought he was actually calling me fat for a second. He also said my right boobie is slightly bigger than my left boobie, which is hilarious cause I've never noticed. Too bad there's a ring on it.
"Boobie"?

Old 06-30-2012, 05:22 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,835 times
Quote:

having one body part slightly bigger/smaller then the other is normal. no one was born PERFECT

Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't even know how to respond to this. You need to go see a therapist, dear.
Agree.

Understanding Plastic Surgery Addiction | 1-800-therapist.com

I knew a friend like this. She is now in her late 30's, 2 divorces, and still addicted. sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty