U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM

15,230 posts, read 23,756,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Yuck, man-feet should just not be seen in polite company.

please, womens feet aren't so great to look at either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,320,497 times
Every adult in Toronto wear sandals in summer. They have some cool ones for sale...nice high tech gear - Nothing more practical than good sandals...shorts and a nice flowing cotton shirt...Why would you wear shoes when the temperature has sky rocketed? I went bare foot in my youth in good weather....and if I am in the country I still go bare foot....BUT bad sandals with socks is a no no...it looks goofy- make sure your feet are clean and your toe nails are well groomed.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 AM

119 posts, read 198,189 times
I don't like how guys look in sandles. Too metrosexual. Only if you're going swimming or on a resort.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM

8,692 posts, read 11,425,206 times
I love my Keens. I even have a pair on order that accept SPD cleats.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 AM

862 posts, read 1,107,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
heyman45...nothing personal but I believe it's silly to think that it's silly for a grown man to wear sandles.
Agree with you here purehuman.

I think heyman45 is giving this too much thought in relation to public scrutiny about men openly wearing flip-flops. Me personally? I think flip-flops on guys in public looks hokey and ridiculous.

Saw a guy on the subway wearing a 3 piece suit with shirt and tie. Didn't even notice he had flip-flops on his feet until he crossed one leg and started shoe-flopping like a flirty little girl. His toes were the nastiest of the nasty and other guys sitting near him started chuckling and pointing. His head was too deep in his newspaper to notice.

At the gym(change room only) or in the privacy of your own house is acceptable. The beach is the only place I'd give flip-flops a pass because they are practical there.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM

9,209 posts, read 18,049,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
please, womens feet aren't so great to look at either.
No argument here. Some people have some sorry-a$$ looking feet! But well-groomed female feet, to me, are much more tolerable to look at. I just wish all people had the responsible judgment to recognize when their feet are just un-displayable. I think with men's feet, it's the hairy toe thing that grosses me out.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,416,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post
i love sandals. i have some sockless shes like canvas shoes that i love the look of and are kind of a comprimise however they stink horribly and your feet feel grimy and sweaty. i love sandals and would wear them all summer long and nothing else if i didnt have to go to work. i basically never wear socks outside of work unless running in the summer.

there are diff types of sandals as wel some more dressy or grown up looking.

For all of you men who love to wear sandals, I can only imagine its because you live in this world where there is never a confrontation. If S--t hits the fan, you should be ready to run, or fight and wearing sandals aint good for neither one.

And also, the point of sandals should be for women to show off pretty feet. Why the hell does a man want to show off his toes? Just paint them too while your at it.

Be a man and put on a pair of damm shoes! The biblical look is long gone

Old 04-17-2013, 05:16 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,385,316 times
Just drop something on the floor or ground near any guy wearing flip flops and watch the dance. Sometimes it can be hilarious. You see some guy so buffed and he is doing the flamingo trying to protect his tinkles.

Sandals? No problem, some are very comfortable and even look very good. Flip flops? Like so many other things in life, they are aptly named.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,807 times
Default Read on.......

Im a Brit and wear well made French sandals, of various designs, in the UK, Italy and France. No hang ups no comments. Women give my feet a glance mostly. I've a decent pair of feet in good condition. No problem. Lot more comfortable than wearing trainers or shoes walking around Rome for example in the heat. If there is a stigma attached to wearing leather sandals then I havn't come across it.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 AM

20,979 posts, read 15,617,869 times
I've often said to my wife that I get grossed out seeing men in open toed sandals. Especially older men.

Especially silly looking are the long jeans, flip-flop look.

Men should only wear open toed sandals/flip-flops when on the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty