Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times

Advertisements

Of course a man can and should wear sandals during the summer. What the heck should he wear with shorts at the beach? Tennis shoes (NO!), Combat boots (NO!), sweaty leather loafers (NO!) Just wear cool, comfy sandals or flip-flops - they are not feminine (as long as they are in manly materials and colors - no plastic pastel colors)!

Here is a good manly flip-flop....

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
I personally hate sandals. They look terrible, and their functionality is 0, except in rare instances.

What happens when you know, you need to run, push a car, help something, lift something, etc. Just hope for no emergency situations.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I personally hate sandals. They look terrible, and their functionality is 0, except in rare instances.

What happens when you know, you need to run, push a car, help something, lift something, etc. Just hope for no emergency situations.
Their functionality in keeping your feet cool and aerated (vs. hot and sweaty inside shoes) is quite valuable in warm weather. Why the stigma about men wearing sandals? And why these half-baked arguments against wearing them? Sandals don't hinder you from running, lifting, or pushing a car. I don't get this odd societal taboo.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
One should wear what they are comfortable with but, sadly, you have to be mentally comfortable as well as physically comfortable to make that work.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Their functionality in keeping your feet cool and aerated (vs. hot and sweaty inside shoes) is quite valuable in warm weather. Why the stigma about men wearing sandals? And why these half-baked arguments against wearing them? Sandals don't hinder you from running, lifting, or pushing a car. I don't get this odd societal taboo.

Try to run, push a car, or lift something with sandals on and do it your best.

If youre on a beach or 60+ years old, I'll leave that as the exception.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Try to run, push a car, or lift something with sandals on and do it your best.

If youre on a beach or 60+ years old, I'll leave that as the exception.
You can do this with some of the sport sandals out there. What shoes do you wear with shorts? To the beach? Just curious.
And really, how often does one have to run or push a car when wearing sandals? If you are going running, wear running shoes. Keep an extra pair of running shoes or steel-toe boots in your car in case you get the urge to run, or you have a car-pushing emergency, or need to lift some heavy equipment....

This thread cracks me up.

p.s. Sandals did not hinder Gladiator men from running and fighting!

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 06-13-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 06-13-2013, 12:06 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
You can do this with some of the sport sandals out there. What shoes do you wear with shorts? To the beach? Just curious.
And really, how often does one have to run or push a car when wearing sandals? If you are going running, wear running shoes. Keep an extra pair of running shoes or steel-toe boots in your car in case you get the urge to run, or you have a car-pushing emergency, or need to lift some heavy equipment....

This thread cracks me up.

p.s. Sandals did not hinder Gladiator men from running and fighting!
They just come up with those reasons because they are not comfortable with others viewing them as not manly.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
They just come up with those reasons because they are not comfortable with others viewing them as not manly.
LOL... IMO, the manliest men are the ones who don't give a **** whether others think they're manly.

I love a man who can pull off a good manly pair of flip-flops!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 PM

Default Manly men can run in flip-flops!

Manly man sets a world record running in flip-flops! Hilarious!

Man Sets World Record By Running 26-Mile Marathon While Wearing Sandals | Elite Daily

And those shoes look good on him!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:32 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
IF a person ends up having to push a car while wearing sandals -- I suppose that person would manage.

Personally, if I ended up pushing a car -- I'd have other worries besides that fact than I happened to be wearing sandals that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty