U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 PM

65 posts, read 95,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
It sounds as if you are rather young. Spend a lot more time looking at people. You may be surprised at what you see. As for sandles looking feminine......surely you don't think those sandles in the picuture look feminine!!!!
It seems like all women and many if not most men under 30 are wearing them. I am approaching my mid 30s tho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 02:51 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman45 View Post
What do you think of these?

I have a graduation/4th of July party to attend this weekend. Would sandals like these be acceptable or should I stick with shoes? It's going to be really hot but I never really wore sandals at such a large gathering before and it might feel awkward to wear them all of a sudden.
These look pretty granola. Please just be classy and wear regular shoes.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM

65 posts, read 95,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I HAD to weigh in on this one! My biggest pet peeve in life-aside from lemurs-is men wearing flippies or sandals! Just say no!
Yes, it's a bit prissy, but not just that. Most men do not take care of their feet, don't get pedis, I hate to even get started on the toenail situation...so please just get some awesome boat shoes or tennies.

It's also hard to take a guy seriously if he is wearing them. Please don't look like you are a kid on the playground.
</p>
My feet are fine but yeah you're right....my gut instinct when I see a guy wearing sandals, right or wrong, I might take him just a little less seriously.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:05 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,393,112 times
Teva-type sandals where your toes are covered up are the only way to go. Nobody wants to see your feet. The only time a man should be seen in flip-flops is if he is taking a shower at the gym. Best way to go is the classic boat shoe in canvas, you can easily find a pair for less than $30.

Add to the do not wear list is jorts (jean shorts) and make sure if you wear shorts your junk is covered up. Was out last week and this guy was wearing baggy carpenter shorts and boxers. He spent the entire time sitting down with his legs wide open and a full on view of his junk.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:12 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,258,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
In the shower at the gym is alright. Out in the boat on the lake too. Maybe just to run out to the garage or basement for something. Grown men over say... 21-25 out in public with them????!!! You're just a foot stomp away from jacking you for your wallet. Don't think so huh? A steel toe workboot ran down your shin and the deep rough tread stomped full force onto the arch of your foot. You used to have 50 bucks in your wallet.
So, this means that you wear 8 - 10" steel toed boots all the time? Never know when someone wants to stomp your foot. Oh, and they can still break bones in your foot even with your boots on.

People spend way too much time worrying about what others might think of them without realizing how seldom others think about them. If it's hot and I want to wear my sandals, I will, without the first thought of what others might think, or muggers in boots.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:13 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,258,763 times
Quote:
</p>
My feet are fine but yeah you're right....my gut instinct when I see a guy wearing sandals, right or wrong, I might take him just a little less seriously.
And if he cares less what you think

Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,773,929 times
Quote:
My cousin said that flip flops and sandals are the way to go in the summer, even for guys. I know they are popular with college students but I am in my 30sThey're comfortable, they're cool...but can't help but feel slightly silly or feminine wearing them. Am I crazy or does it take time to get used to them?

Its a lifestyle in Florida. My wifes family originates from there, and everyone wears sandals/flip flops.

Me personally, I do think sandals/flip flops are very childish and I havent worn anything open toed since very early teens, but to each his own.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM

5,120 posts, read 12,743,042 times
Depends what you're wearing them with, and where you wear them! If you're at a beach or pool....that's fine! If you're going to a decent restaurant, slip on real shoes!

If you DO wear sandals, do NOT wear socks with them!!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:28 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,648,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So, this means that you wear 8 - 10" steel toed boots all the time? Never know when someone wants to stomp your foot. Oh, and they can still break bones in your foot even with your boots on.

People spend way too much time worrying about what others might think of them without realizing how seldom others think about them. If it's hot and I want to wear my sandals, I will, without the first thought of what others might think, or muggers in boots.
I carry a handgun and at least one tactical knife when I leave the house. If I can't run, or can't stand up after a simple foot stomp, what's the point? My boss wouldn't like that very well.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:36 PM

10,565 posts, read 11,661,819 times
Seriously? I'm 60 and wear flip flops around the house and sandals when I'm out and about in summer. It's always over 100 degrees every day here. When I go hiking I wear boots. I'm 6'4" and 210 pounds and no one has ever, ever, ever called me "prissy".

Don't look at my feet. I'm comfortable and don't care what anyone may think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty