U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM

944 posts, read 1,365,477 times

Advertisements

Long as a guy has clean non fungus non socked feet i am fine with it. Wearing sandals does not mean your gay. lol sorry who every thinkgs that is silly. That's like saying a girl who likes to wear a mens shirt or tie as a accessory is a lesbian.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 AM

224 posts, read 680,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
Long as a guy has clean non fungus non socked feet i am fine with it. Wearing sandals does not mean your gay. lol sorry who every thinkgs that is silly. That's like saying a girl who likes to wear a mens shirt or tie as a accessory is a lesbian.
I don't think anyone said sandals make a man look gay. It makes him look effeminate. There is a difference. I don't think there is really a gay or lesbian "look" as all gays and lesbians do not dress and act the same. There are plenty of prissy straight men these days anyway.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 AM

11,686 posts, read 13,078,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
In the US, there is an ever-growing list of things considered 'gay.' It's become our own perverse brand of Talibanism. At the rate we're going, the men in our society will have to wear burkahs at some point not to be considered 'gay.' We're not supposed to wear shorts that come above the knee, and some think men shouldn't wear shorts at all. Somebody might see the hair on our legs, after all. Then there's the sandals thing. I guess we can't show our feet either. What's next?

It's so ridiculous that it would be laughable if so many people, including a lot of men, didn't seem to fall for it.
Taliban is the right word...and that attitude is all over American culture about everything from the ultra Right to political correctniks. Very, very sad development. Never thought I'd live to see Americans being so paranoid and silly at the same time....it's got to be something in the water

Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 AM

71 posts, read 99,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman45 View Post
My cousin said that flip flops and sandals are the way to go in the summer, even for guys. I know they are popular with college students but I am in my 30sThey're comfortable, they're cool...but can't help but feel slightly silly or feminine wearing them. Am I crazy or does it take time to get used to them?
I think you may be think more, if the sandals can make you cool, why not? Maybe you are not used to wear them in public places, you can wear them after work or at home.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:50 AM

I think its not the flipflops that make men look prissy its because walking flatfooted causes men's hips to sway as if they are sashaying. All the guys in their Vibrams 5 fingers at the gym sashay and totally emasculates themselves. The younger men don't even get this because the youngest generation of guys is more feminine than the girls of today are.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
I think its not the flipflops that make men look prissy its because walking flatfooted causes men's hips to sway as if they are sashaying. All the guys in their Vibrams 5 fingers at the gym sashay and totally emasculates themselves. The younger men don't even get this because the youngest generation of guys is more feminine than the girls of today are.
I don't think most guys notice that they 'sashay'...at least straight guys jk. Anyway what's wrong if men look 'effeminate' in your eyes anyway? Is that such a big sin? Who's it hurting, and why would any man secure in his sexuality even notice/care about something so minor?

Old 07-04-2012, 09:58 AM

5,507 posts, read 9,004,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
They are looking at you and thinking look how times have passed this guy by.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 AM

5,507 posts, read 9,004,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't think most guys notice that they 'sashay'...at least straight guys jk. Anyway what's wrong if men look 'effeminate' in your eyes anyway? Is that such a big sin? Who's it hurting, and why would any man secure in his sexuality even notice/care about something so minor?
Clearly the poster is not secure and that is obvious with his posts.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
They are looking at you and thinking look how times have passed this guy by.
I'm female.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Who is it hurting? It's hurting the man who does it. There are so many lonely desperate guys out there who whine they can't get a girlfriend or get laid. The majority of relationship posts I see across the web are guys desperate for a girl and I get approached regularly though I'm not in the market for a man. There are more single guys, than girls since many girls no longer want a relationship or kids. I really don't care what they wear personally, but I'm saying they are emasculating themselves which means they are ruining their chances with women as we all know its the tough looking, bad boy type that gets all the female attention anyway. That's just how it is. If you are attracted to women, yet priss around like one, you are ruining your chances of getting a woman. By all means, priss around all you want though. I really don't care; I was just trying to help the guys out as they seem so helpless and floundering these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty