U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 AM

65 posts, read 95,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A View Post
Who is it A? It's hurting the man who does it. There are so many lonely desperate guys out there who whine they can't get a girlfriend or get laid. The majority of relationship posts I see across the web are guys desperate for a girl and I get approached regularly though I'm not in the market for a man. There are more single guys, than girls since many girls no longer want a relationship or kids. I really don't care what they wear personally, but I'm saying they are emasculating themselves which means they are ruining their chances with women as we all know its the tough looking, bad boy type that gets all the female attention anyway. That's just how it is. If you are attracted to women, yet priss around like one, you are ruining your chances of getting a woman. By all means, priss around all you want though. I really don't care; I was just trying to help the guys out as they seem so helpless and floundering these days.
If this is the case then why is it that women are encouraging guys to wear sandals? Seems like just about every girl I've asked said sandals are the way to go. Go to the local shopping mall and it seems like all dudes under 30 who are with women are wearing flip flops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 AM

2,374 posts, read 2,081,656 times
If it's a nice, hot day, and it's my day off from work.......yeah, I'm going to wear sandals. I don't care what other people are or may be thinking.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM

224 posts, read 680,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman45 View Post
If this is the case then why is it that women are encouraging guys to wear sandals? Seems like just about every girl I've asked said sandals are the way to go. Go to the local shopping mall and it seems like all dudes under 30 who are with women are wearing flip flops
Just because a guy is walking with a woman doesn't mean she is his. A lot of guys are in the friendzone and just have a gal pal. Most of the time I am go somewhere with someone it is always a guy these days as I can't find female friends who want to do anything, but I'm not dating or sleeping with any of these guys. Wear whatever you like, wear a dress, panties & bra if you want to its a free country.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 AM

7,289 posts, read 12,868,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
I think its not the flipflops that make men look prissy its because walking flatfooted causes men's hips to sway as if they are sashaying. All the guys in their Vibrams 5 fingers at the gym sashay and totally emasculates themselves. The younger men don't even get this because the youngest generation of guys is more feminine than the girls of today are.
The normal human gait is now effeminate? You're out of your mind. When people wear 5 Fingers or walk in bare feet, you are witnessing the natural human gait. Not the mechanically botched version that padded shoes produce.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 AM

65 posts, read 95,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A View Post
Just because a guy is walking with a woman doesn't mean she is his. A lot of guys are in the friendzone and just have a gal pal. Most of the time I am go somewhere with someone it is always a guy these days as I can't find female friends who want to do anything, but I'm not dating or sleeping with any of these guys. Wear whatever you like, wear a dress, panties & bra if you want to its a free country.
You really think that the vast majority of guys that are shopping with a women are in platanic relationships? Really?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,364,839 times
Quote:
Yep. I have gone shopping with platonic female friends. Men are never up for it.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:30 PM

224 posts, read 680,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman45 View Post
You really think that the vast majority of guys that are shopping with a women are in platanic relationships? Really?
Nothing screams this dude is in the friend zone like shopping with a female. Men do not like shopping unless its at Home Depot, Bass Pro Shop, Dick's Sporting Goods or Game Zone. Any dude shopping elsewhere with a woman he is not married to is usually one desperately trying to get on the gal's good side aka get her to have a relationship with him. Guys hate shopping its just a fact of nature!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 PM

8,161 posts, read 9,363,321 times
Out here in high desert areas, it's very common to see grown men in sandals or flip flops. I myself wear reefs nearly every day of summer. Love them.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 PM

5,530 posts, read 8,184,647 times
Quote:
Nothing screams this dude is in the friend zone like shopping with a female. Men do not like shopping unless its at Home Depot, Bass Pro Shop, Dick's Sporting Goods or Game Zone. Any dude shopping elsewhere with a woman he is not married to is usually one desperately trying to get on the gal's good side aka get her to have a relationship with him. Guys hate shopping its just a fact of nature!
Not sure about this. I think a lot of boyfriends will shop with their significant other, at least at certain points in the relationship.

You are right about most men's feelings about shopping. I think men in general like shopping for cars, tools, etc...heavy, 'manly' stuff. Forget clothes, shoes, etc. To go clothes shopping with a woman is sheer torture for most men.

Men also have a completely different shopping style than most women. Women view shopping as an activity, while men view it as a mission. Stores take note of this, and often prefer male customers, because they won't even come into the store unless they're prepared to buy, while women often like to just look around.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:28 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,004,009 times
Quote:
Who is it hurting? It's hurting the man who does it. There are so many lonely desperate guys out there who whine they can't get a girlfriend or get laid. The majority of relationship posts I see across the web are guys desperate for a girl and I get approached regularly though I'm not in the market for a man. There are more single guys, than girls since many girls no longer want a relationship or kids. I really don't care what they wear personally, but I'm saying they are emasculating themselves which means they are ruining their chances with women as we all know its the tough looking, bad boy type that gets all the female attention anyway. That's just how it is. If you are attracted to women, yet priss around like one, you are ruining your chances of getting a woman. By all means, priss around all you want though. I really don't care; I was just trying to help the guys out as they seem so helpless and floundering these days.
The stereotypes you throw around make you look foolish and shallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty