U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,008,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
The normal human gait is now effeminate? You're out of your mind. When people wear 5 Fingers or walk in bare feet, you are witnessing the natural human gait. Not the mechanically botched version that padded shoes produce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 08:06 AM

15,233 posts, read 23,770,707 times
why should it be silly for a grown man to wear sandles, especially in a hot climate????? really?????

why do we have these dumb questions?

America has the stupidist concept on what men can wear, it is really insane....

is there something wrong with Americans?????

Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 AM

181 posts, read 411,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
why should it be silly for a grown man to wear sandles, especially in a hot climate????? really?????

why do we have these dumb questions?

America has the stupidist concept on what men can wear, it is really insane....

is there something wrong with Americans?????
Nothing is wrong, it's just American culture to worry and be insecure. We're an insecure country, thats why we are fascinated with telling others how to carry themselves and live their lives.

However, for me I wear flip flops. It's too damn hot in Phoenix, AZ. I don't "sashay" or anything, however I have a butt, that has booty cheeks just like every other man and woman does, so therefore the middle section my body is going to go side to side just a little. It's not like men with sandles are sashaying, snapping their fingers and rolling their neck.

To all the women who thinks that, there is a point in time where your man has to walk barefoot. Watch him in the house and I guarantee you he is going to walk differently than he would if he had shoes on.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:54 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,368,856 times
American culture is the most gender role obsessed in the Anglosphere. Drop it, evolve and perhaps people will be happier?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM

18,029 posts, read 13,251,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman45 View Post
My cousin said that flip flops and sandals are the way to go in the summer, even for guys. I know they are popular with college students but I am in my 30sThey're comfortable, they're cool...but can't help but feel slightly silly or feminine wearing them. Am I crazy or does it take time to get used to them?
I wear nothing but flip-flops, except when I'm wearing water buffaloes. I only wear shoes when I'm biking, and that's only until I get to the park.

I'm also much older than you, and I've been doing that for years and years.

I don't really care what other people think. If other people give me lots and lots of money, then perhaps, just maybe, I will take their thoughts into consideration, uh, briefly, at least, for a fleeting moment.

Other than that, I'm not really into people telling me what to do. I do what I want to do and I do what works for me, everyone else can go to hell.

Comfortably flip-flopping along....

Mircea

Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,764,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
I don't care if men wear sandals.

I do care if either gender wears sandals and they have nasty untrimmed toenails though.
and since most men do not take care of their feet, it just looks bad.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
and since most men do not take care of their feet, it just looks bad.
With that logic anyone who is obese should be wearing full clothing at all times.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM

224 posts, read 680,593 times
Why is it women are told they MUST shave their legs, armpits and when they get older pluck the hairs from their chin and above lip? This is natural for women to have hair in all those places yet men think its not feminine for women to have body hair. So why is it wrong if women think men shouldn't prance around and look feminine then? For all you guys whining over your right to look like a girl then you need to shut it and allow your women to be hairy and also not cover up their greys either. Again you can do what you want because its a free country, but that doesn't mean you will be appealing to others so don't get mad at them if you don't get the reception you hoped for.

I just had a tall, scrawny dude in flip flops and what I consider a girl's style tank top with long pink hair talk to me at Walmart. I thought it was a girl till he spoke so deeply it couldn't have been a female and then I noticed his adams apple. Is that the look the young girls are going for in a guy now? lol

Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
Why is it women are told they MUST shave their legs, armpits and when they get older pluck the hairs from their chin and above lip? This is natural for women to have hair in all those places yet men think its not feminine for women to have body hair. So why is it wrong if women think men shouldn't prance around and look feminine then? For all you guys whining over your right to look like a girl then you need to shut it and allow your women to be hairy and also not cover up their greys either. Again you can do what you want because its a free country, but that doesn't mean you will be appealing to others so don't get mad at them if you don't get the reception you hoped for.

I just had a tall, scrawny dude in flip flops and what I consider a girl's style tank top with long pink hair talk to me at Walmart. I thought it was a girl till he spoke so deeply it couldn't have been a female and then I noticed his adams apple. Is that the look the young girls are going for in a guy now? lol
You should head to Target instead for a bit more cleaned up demographic.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:40 PM

12,677 posts, read 12,090,964 times
Depending an the outfit, I think it is childish and ridiculous looking when it is hot out and a guy is not wearing sandals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty