Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times

Advertisements

too much makeup
blonde hair and dark eyebrows
fake tans or tans that are too dark
hair that is pulled back to expose the forehead
and pretty much of what the others have posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
i came of age in the 1980's - so basically my wardrobe in that entire decade. (but boy those were the days...!)

Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
ok, I have nothing else to add because you guys seem to have it all covered and I must say-you all crack me up!!

oh but just let me add- I found hose made for open toe shoes/sandals at Sears. They are great!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,421,006 times
Hose and open toed shoes are a big no-no in my book, even the ones designed for open toe shoes.

White bra and white shirt. Here's a tip: they sell flesh colored bras no matter what your skin tone is. Buy one!

Overly done fake tans, especially the Tanorexic look. Orange is not a viable skin tone.

Athletic sneakers with an otherwise decent looking outfit. Sneakers are for the gym, there are many cute, comfortable shoes out there for running around and doing errands.

Any underwear/crack showing due to low riding pants. No one wants to see that. It is trashy and just disgusting.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:39 PM

618 posts, read 1,610,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, we have a thread on men's fashion no-no's. What about women's?? I'm hoping to learn something here. (No longer being the young hipster.) What do you consider a fashion faux pas that you sometimes see women wearing?

1. Overly tan people
2. Fake tan lines
3. The showing of undergarments (bra straps, thongs, etc.)
4. Women wearing skirts and flip flops even though there is 3 feet of snow on the ground.
5. Thick black eyeliner completely around the eye.
6. Foundation that is darker than a women's face.
7. extreme mid-drifts showing
8. tube tops
9. too short of shorts
10. those jeans that look like you just sat in paint.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
From a guy:

Cleavage when pregnant.

I don't know whether I'm horny or thirsty.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:57 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,132 times
-Clothes on a 40+ yr old that belongs back on the rack in the junior miss department ...I have a neighbor that I swear tries to squeeze into her 14 yr old daughters clothes...

-Unkempt hair...especially if regrowth is starting to show the ugly band.

-Sleeveless tops with unshaven armpits...

-Foundation that is not blended or garish looking.

-Overly lined lips...

-An ill fitted bra...

And pretty much everything else in this thread...

Old 10-01-2007, 05:03 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
mumus and smocks
granny pants underware if you are not a granny

Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I agree, CIL, Pop tarts are sad. I hate anything not age appropriate. I'm 59 and have always had really nice legs, but even so, short skirts and short shorts just look inappropriate on me at my age.
Another thing I think looks awful is long, bleached blond hair on older women. It invariably winds up the same color as their face..no contrast. It looks haggard and sad. Same thing goes for older people who dye their hair black. The general rule should be if you used to be brunette, go a little lighter, and if you used to be blond go a bit darker.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 AM

144 posts, read 824,750 times
Muffin tops..I hate seeing them and can't imagine that the muffin topper is totally unaware that they are sporty one..the jello muffin top is the worst.

Fat chicks wearing clothes that are binding and just plain too small. Fat chicks that wear hip huggers with thongs and then bend over.....gross beyond gross. If you're heavy please buy clothes that fit..you will look better and feel better..heck this applies to all sizes.....please buy clothes that fit your body!

Spandex. That's all I have to say...fat or skinny spandex does not flatter anyone.

Old ladies who think painted on eyebrows look good. Um..they don't. Old ladies who think dressing hip is cool..it's not.

Also..mom's who think dressing like their teen is cool..some can pull it off....other, not so much. LOL

Oh the dark lip liner and no lipstick or light lipstick..that's ugly. Also the lavender, green and sparlking light blue shadow? They need to be boxed up and shipped to somewhere else but here! LOL

I dont' have a problem with my 12 yr old wearing a thong...she has dress pants that don't look right if she wore bikinis....I'd rather her wear a thong than sport panty lines that will draw more attention.

Short skirts so short that when you sit we get a bird's eye view of all your goods. Not attractive....not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty