Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,020 times

Advertisements

I have one big freckle on my lip that started off about the size of a pinhead, about a year ago. It is about the size of 2 pinheads now. I do not wear lipstick, and don’t want to use lipstick to cover up this freckle. Is there something that I could use to cover this freckle for a few hours each day? I don’t mind reapplying a product a few times per day to keep this freckle covered (since I have to drink water and eat throughout the day), but I’m at a loss of what I can use to cover this unsightly freckle.

I had hoped that this freckle would go away, but since it seems to slowly be getting larger. Once I can save up enough money, I'm going to try to have it removed by laser surgery. Yet in the meantime, can someone make any recommendations of some sort of concealer product that I might can use?

If you have a recommendation of a product that I can buy, can you please give me the maker's name, name of the product, and description of it? Ideally, I'm looking for something that I can put on as simple as a lip balm, but I just need a little dab of something that won't easily rub/wear off and will not look caked-up. Yet even if the product does not totally hide the freckle, if it will at least give the impression that the freckle is lighter, that would be great, because the freckle now is about "medium brown" in color.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Anita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
I have a big one too. But I'm a guy so no lipstick. My wife doesn't mind my freckle.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
So lip products are okay, just not lipstick specifically? If so, I'd suggest some sort of lip stain. I rather like Tarte lip stains and they have some that are shiny or glossy or matte in a handful of colors. If you have a Sephora or other large makeup store in your area, I suggest going and trying a few out to see what color suits you. A stain will stay on longer without drying out your lips. It may not completely mask the freckle, but it will diminish it.

And while you're saving up money, try and wear a lip product that is at least SPF 15 whenever you're outside. The sun will darken the freckle while avoiding the sun will fade it (at least that's what happens for my freckles).

http://www.sephora.com/makeup?pageSize=-1

Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
I would use a dab of concealer rubbed in really well, nude lipliner over that and all over your lips, and then put a 24-hour lipstick over it. I know, you don't want lipstick...but that's the best way to do it. Use a nude shade or a shade that matches your usual lip color. I like Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipstick, it stays on for a full 24 hours and it doesn't rub off on anyone or on your clothes or coffee mug or anything like that. They have lots of shades, you're sure to find one that looks natural on you. It also doesn't feel greasy or slippery like regular lipstick. I really hated lipstick and I avoided it for years, but tried this one because the grocery store had a really good coupon. Now, I'm hooked on it.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:53 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
If this freckle is actually getting larger, I'd go see a dermatologist. It could be a type of skin cancer.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,417 times
I think a couple of freckles on the lip is sexy, but if it is growing and you don't like it (yes, make sure to get it check out by a derm) I'd probably use a tinted lip balm like Burt's Bees. I'm also a fan of Benetint Lip Stain. I think a stain would camouflage the freckle. Lip glass also would deflect light and prob make it look nicer. A concealer would make it more apparent, dry and matte.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 PM

221 posts, read 282,808 times
Quote:
If this freckle is actually getting larger, I'd go see a dermatologist. It could be a type of skin cancer.
Ya, I would be getting it checked by a doctor. I've heard any growing freckle needs to be examined by a medical professional.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking. I would go now since it is already growing.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:52 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Just echo-ing the check up.

Its really not as expensive as you think. The longer you wait the more expensive it will be and could require reconstructive plastic surgery. Don't mess around with waiting at all.

Call any office to make an appt and if they don't have sliding scales or payment options they should be able to refer you to someone that does.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:37 PM

88 posts, read 142,229 times
there is a procedure that removes freckles. find a good dermatologist or ask if your spa place offers freckle removal service.

the only question is, how much are you willing to pay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty