U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women, what do you think of long hair on men?
I love it! 18 34.62%
Makes no difference. 4 7.69%
Ugh. Cut it off! 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2012, 10:14 AM

11,019 posts, read 18,109,464 times

Advertisements

while it matters to me whether I am attractive or not to a woman ego wise I am myself and who I am is NOT a clean cut type that is the way it is so that is that. Some will like me, some will not. That said if she doesn't like my hair I got somethin' else she might.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 10:42 AM

72,676 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Women LOVE long hair on a guy, assuming it's well cared for, and isn't too thin and straggly. A ponytail or thick braid in back is nice. It's all good. It sure beats the buzz cut or the shaved head of the "Russian mafia look", as I call it. Long hair, even if just long enough to be wavy, around below-the-ear length or so, is sensual. Absurdly short hair, or no hair is.....not. My theory is that all these military-style haircuts that have been the rage since sometime around the late 90's represent a New Puritanism.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:51 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Long hair on a guy, unless we can go back in time to when he's an 80's rock star the style looks dated.

The look I don't like is the bald on top and long around the edges look.

Spoiler

Unless you're Johnny Depp, it's probably not a good idea.

Spoiler

Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,755,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
What do women think of clean, kempt long hair on men (I'm talking down-the-back long)? From personal experience, I know some women love it, but I assume others don't and just won't say it. Are many of you just indifferent about it? I'm curious what the majority think. I'm in my 20s, by the way.

Also, what about guys that don't drink? I'm not absolutely against beverages containing alcohol, but I'm not really a drinker.
As a guy, i think this question is going to depend largely on the kind of gal it is, the era she grew up in, the kind of role model her parents were, and if shes ok with a guy having longer hair than herself ! lol...
Coming from the era i did ...if i were a gal , I personally wouldnt find it appealing ...but id be ok with a hair length like the Beatles used to have . As for not being a drinker , I think this could work to your advantage than disadvantage in the long run with women ...especially women that are a little more mature upstairs.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Johnny I expect the poll to be about even when said and done which is my experience with it personally. Meh, 90% of men out there have short hair which is fine for them but I with short hair I'd just be another guy in the crowd so I go with my intinct of what I like when I see myself in the mirror.

The downside to long hair, is sometimes it attracts some women wanting a badboy and come to find out later I am not a party animal.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,148,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Long hair on a guy, unless we can go back in time to when he's an 80's rock star the style looks dated.

The look I don't like is the bald on top and long around the edges look.

That first picture!

I've seen men with bald heads and a long rat tail braid. I just saw one yesterday. What's the point?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 AM

13,010 posts, read 12,440,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women LOVE long hair on a guy, assuming it's well cared for, and isn't too thin and straggly. A ponytail or thick braid in back is nice. It's all good. It sure beats the buzz cut or the shaved head of the "Russian mafia look", as I call it. Long hair, even if just long enough to be wavy, around below-the-ear length or so, is sensual. Absurdly short hair, or no hair is.....not. My theory is that all these military-style haircuts that have been the rage since sometime around the late 90's represent a New Puritanism.
Oh you'd be surprised - my cousin's group of friends, the guys all uniformly shave their heads. It was just the normal hairstyle in my hometown. I HATE it, but that was what was popular and what most of the women liked. But the ex-biker was a bit exotic because of his long blond hair, so he did get mobbed by women at the bars, who were apparently deprived of men with actual hair. Then all the guys with shaved heads would try to pick fights with him (which would have been a mistake if he'd felt like fighting - those weren't gym muscles he had).

He never had to spend money on beer because 1) smitten women would buy him drinks which 2) would enrage the local guys who would then try to get him to fight them and lead to the bartenders giving him free drinks for not actually taking the idiots up on it. So his hair was gorgeous, but I think it contributed significantly to his slight beer belly

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

In the 80's people would comment to me "its not the 60's anymore, cut your hair it looks outdated". Now its "its not the 80's anymore cut your hair it looks outdated"? Meh, hair style short or long doesn't really conform to a fashion trend anymore its a free for all.

Just google band images of bands trending currently and you'll see it flys either way really.

I cut my hair all off once when I was going through a identity crisis and everybody started saying I looked like a computer geek. I grew it back and don't plan to cut it again because I much prefer they say "you look like a younger Ozzy" bahaha!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:10 AM

152 posts, read 377,955 times
I can do long shaggy hair like up to the neck, but not longer. I prefer clean-cut haircuts on guys.

With that said, I was at the mall the other day and I saw a guy with beautiful, thick, long, dark hair! I have beautiful long, thick, dark hair, so I was in awe to see a guy with more beautiful hair then me, I was kind of mesmerized lol!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 AM

3,632 posts, read 14,396,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Speak for yourself. I can't stand long hair on a guy. Grosses me out for some reason. I like a short cut (not crew cut). My guy used to completely shave his head bald when we first dated but after a while he grew it out and I LOVE IT!!! Now he's not alowed to shave ever again. OMG. And everyone who knows him says he looks a LOT better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty