U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women, what do you think of long hair on men?
I love it! 18 34.62%
Makes no difference. 4 7.69%
Ugh. Cut it off! 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2012, 10:36 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,741,355 times

Advertisements

I love it. I really can't stand buzz cuts, fades or any of that nonsense. Long hair on men is sexy and cool.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,741,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women LOVE long hair on a guy, assuming it's well cared for, and isn't too thin and straggly. A ponytail or thick braid in back is nice. It's all good. It sure beats the buzz cut or the shaved head of the "Russian mafia look", as I call it. Long hair, even if just long enough to be wavy, around below-the-ear length or so, is sensual. Absurdly short hair, or no hair is.....not. My theory is that all these military-style haircuts that have been the rage since sometime around the late 90's represent a New Puritanism.
I love it too Ruth. Buzz cuts do look Russian Mafia, Guido, convict, tough guy. Too short is not clean cut - it's ...the reverse of that.

And I agree, they are representative of a "New Puritanism"

It is sensual.

Would rep you but "They" won't let me, so I owe you one!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
Long hair doesn't look good on just every guy, but provided it is well-kept, I'll take it any day over a shaved head or other crappy paramilitary look. Ew.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
My favorite haircut is currently on Brian Cox (if you're into astrophysicists ) but I love a guy who has shaggy messy longish hair all the way down to shoulderblade length. Not a huge fan of it below that length, though.

I still get a little weak in the knees around metal guys with long hair, Megadeth shirt, levis and chucks. *swoon*

Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 AM

11,019 posts, read 18,104,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I guess I'm screwed if I ever had to be out in the dating world again, as most of the poll responses were no's.

Why do you say that? Like I suspected the poll is going to lean 50% to 50% so your odds at 50% isn't bad and besides hair style is just one X-factor in attracting a woman anyway. My hair is currently down to my lower chest but lately I have been thinking of getting rid of 3 inches or so. While looks don't really matter when it comes to being a quality musician in my case when I tell someone I play guitar and they say "you look like you play guitar" it is mission accomplished in a sense because I try to target myself to come across as that. And that matters to a degree because when I post a add of myself looking for a band I have had bands to call in part because I have a look, it is just one aspect to the overall package. I have selected a look for myself based on my persona and accept that I am not going to be attractive to all types of women.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:42 AM

545 posts, read 758,362 times
Chris Cornell hair. :P

Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,539,903 times
Nope. I don't like long hair on guys. It's a big Turn off to me..

Old 07-03-2012, 08:32 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,161,846 times
Default On the right guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
What do women think of clean, kempt long hair on men (I'm talking down-the-back long)? From personal experience, I know some women love it, but I assume others don't and just won't say it. Are many of you just indifferent about it? I'm curious what the majority think. I'm in my 20s, by the way.

Also, what about guys that don't drink? I'm not absolutely against beverages containing alcohol, but I'm not really a drinker.
I love it. A college boyfriend of mine still has his long, in a ponytail down his back. Have seen his pics on facebook, and he is still yummy. My husband had long hair when we married. We are in our 60's so maybe it is just a style from our youth that I find appealing.

I'm really not enamered by the skin head look. My husband has nice thick full head of hair and is a Paul Gross look a like.

I never cared if a man was a drinker or not, just that he was not a drunk.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 PM

13,230 posts, read 11,754,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
What do women think of clean, kempt long hair on men (I'm talking down-the-back long)? From personal experience, I know some women love it, but I assume others don't and just won't say it.
Although some guys can look attractive with hair that long, I don't think it works for most men. My favorite style on men is a longish, layered cut like this:

Pictures of Men's Long Hairstyles - Long Layers for Thick Hair

Regarding the drinking, I'd rather he not drink at all than drink too much, but I'd prefer someone who drinks socially and in moderation.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:21 PM

10,892 posts, read 13,008,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Y'all do realize, don't you, that Leonardo DiCaprio made his cinematic debut in a film with a historic theme in which he played a guy with long, below the shoulder-length hair? He made a huge splash, an instant heart-throb.
Critters 3?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty