U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women, what do you think of long hair on men?
I love it! 18 34.62%
Makes no difference. 4 7.69%
Ugh. Cut it off! 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 04:07 PM

103 posts, read 238,463 times

Advertisements

Damn. Twelve love it, 3 don't care either way, and 18 hate it. One thing seems pretty certain: it's polarizing.

Thanks to everyone that voted and commented so far. For those just seeing this now, feel free to continue voting and commenting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 PM

38,783 posts, read 37,969,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Although some guys can look attractive with hair that long, I don't think it works for most men. My favorite style on men is a longish, layered cut like this:

Pictures of Men's Long Hairstyles - Long Layers for Thick Hair

Regarding the drinking, I'd rather he not drink at all than drink too much, but I'd prefer someone who drinks socially and in moderation.
They call that long hair on a guy??

Don't let me take my pony tail out.....

Old 07-04-2012, 02:46 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,038,111 times
I am on the line to get one

Old 07-04-2012, 03:06 PM

766 posts, read 1,402,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Y'all do realize, don't you, that Leonardo DiCaprio made his cinematic debut in a film with a historic theme in which he played a guy with long, below the shoulder-length hair? He made a huge splash, an instant heart-throb. But after the long hair was gone, he totally lost his appeal, imo. But that seems to be just me. Same for Johnny Depp. In his long pirate-style hair, he looks fabulous! Without it, I can barely stand to look at him. The pirate make-up has something to do with that, too.
That's true, but both are super hot. They have great faces and they did it for movies in the 1990's and 2000's. I think that was more of the style then too. Most guys don't look like Leo or Johnny and the long hair doesn't do anything for them.

Kind of like for women Halle Berry has a beautiful face so she looked great with the short hair. Katie Holmes & Victoria Beckham also pull it off really good. I think you have to have a certain face for different hair styles. I think I look better with longer hair, but I would love to be able to pull off a cute short cut.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:51 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,765,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm not a fan of long hair on men. It seems like many of them are unfamiliar with conditioner and regular trims, so they look scraggly and frizzy and unkempt.
Yes, this is exactly why it normally looks bad. Hair care is not something many guys "get."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty