U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women, what do you think of long hair on men?
I love it! 18 34.62%
Makes no difference. 4 7.69%
Ugh. Cut it off! 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:43 AM

103 posts, read 239,213 times

Advertisements

What do women think of clean, kempt long hair on men (I'm talking down-the-back long)? From personal experience, I know some women love it, but I assume others don't and just won't say it. Are many of you just indifferent about it? I'm curious what the majority think. I'm in my 20s, by the way.

Also, what about guys that don't drink? I'm not absolutely against beverages containing alcohol, but I'm not really a drinker.

Last edited by Johnny Ace; 07-02-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 10:47 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,162,948 times
I love it!

But it does get in the way *ahem* during certain times. If you get my drift.

When I cut my hair into an Afro my then boyfriend had long dreads down his back. Quite the mashup couple we were, but I loved his hair.

Last edited by nj21; 07-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: deleted extra word

Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 AM

21,540 posts, read 22,820,307 times
I'm not a fan of long hair on men. It seems like many of them are unfamiliar with conditioner and regular trims, so they look scraggly and frizzy and unkempt.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:54 AM

42,339 posts, read 50,019,797 times
NO.
No.
No.
NO.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:54 AM

13,031 posts, read 12,535,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I love it!

But did it does get in the way *ahem* during certain times. If you get my drift.

When I cut my hair into an Afro my then boyfriend had long dreads down his back. Quite the mashup couple we were, but I loved his hair.

LOL, I was dating a long-haired ex-biker and at the same time my hair kind of resembled that of the main character in the movie Brave (except not flaming red). The amount of hair getting in the way when we were in bed was beyond ridiculous - and we inevitably ended up pinning each other to the bed when we were sleeping by rolling onto each other's hair. Wouldn't change any of it though - I was so sad when he told me (after his divorce) how the woman he married after we broke up demanded he cut it for the wedding.

I was like, "It was good enough for her while you were dating, so why wasn't it good enough for the wedding? Shoulda been your first clue."

LOVE long hair on guys - at least on the ones who can carry it off. Some guys don't look good with it at all.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:55 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,938,302 times
A man can stop me in my tracks if he has long, beautiful hair. Hopefully, it's not scraggly (if so, please get it cut). This young bum (homeless maybe, idk) asked me for $2 once when I came out of a 7-11. I was feeling generous and gave him what I had in change but I was struck by his long, luscious brown hair. Couldn't help myself.

As far as drinking, I'm all for it. My husband and I used to drink more when we were younger, hanging out at parties and such, but we never really "took" to it. We don't drink now...maybe ocasionally but it's rare. It's not the only way to have fun, btw.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,566,026 times
As long as it is clean, well cut and conditioned I love it. It does not always suit every man but I much prefer longer hair on a man than the crew cut look for example. I have seen guys with fabulous locks, beautifully looked after and which would be the envy of many women... Rat's tails and mullets however ?!?! Pass. There is something so sexy and nice about running your fingers through a man's hair...

Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM

11,068 posts, read 18,155,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I love it!

But did it does get in the way *ahem* during certain times. If you get my drift.

Yes I know what you mean (on top)

Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 AM

11,068 posts, read 18,155,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm not a fan of long hair on men. It seems like many of them are unfamiliar with conditioner.

I use Aussie

Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,162,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
LOL, I was dating a long-haired ex-biker and at the same time my hair kind of resembled that of the main character in the movie Brave (except not flaming red). The amount of hair getting in the way when we were in bed was beyond ridiculous - and we inevitably ended up pinning each other to the bed when we were sleeping by rolling onto each other's hair. Wouldn't change any of it though - I was so sad when he told me (after his divorce) how the woman he married after we broke up demanded he cut it for the wedding.

I was like, "It was good enough for her while you were dating, so why wasn't it good enough for the wedding? Shoulda been your first clue."

LOVE long hair on guys - at least on the ones who can carry it off. Some guys don't look good with it at all.
Yes! If they do a great job of keeping it up and maintaining/grooming!

When men wear their long hair tied back with a very nice, tailored suit! Man.. that gets my hot water boiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yes I know what you mean (on top)
Exactly!! I never knew until then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty