U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 12:59 AM

2,858 posts, read 6,201,488 times

Advertisements

I pretty much only buy athletic fit t-shirt now. Depending on the maker, I go medium or large. If its not athletic fit, larges are too baggy around my stomach and mediums are too small on my arms. I also only buy fitted dress shirts.

With that stated, I'm having trouble finding dress pants and slacks. I can't stand baggy pants. I always buy slim fit jeans, usually Levi's. However, I don't know where to get slim fit / athletic fit slacks / dress pants. I can find tighter ones but they are tight all over and in the wrong places...you know what I mean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM

14,174 posts, read 22,496,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I pretty much only buy athletic fit t-shirt now. Depending on the maker, I go medium or large. If its not athletic fit, larges are too baggy around my stomach and mediums are too small on my arms. I also only buy fitted dress shirts.

With that stated, I'm having trouble finding dress pants and slacks. I can't stand baggy pants. I always buy slim fit jeans, usually Levi's. However, I don't know where to get slim fit / athletic fit slacks / dress pants. I can find tighter ones but they are tight all over and in the wrong places...you know what I mean!
You just have to look for the "slim fit" slacks somewhere like Macy's. I can't stand baggy pants either (or unusually tight), but slim fit usually works for me. Macy's has a fairly good selection (forgot the brands) but you just have to try on several different pairs to find what fits you right. I'm 5'9" and 158 pounds with muscular legs, but slim fit is still the best option for me.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM

1,964 posts, read 4,428,209 times
have you tried J. Crew? or the Mad Men line at Banana Republic? Nowadays it's much easier to find fitted/slim-fit shirts & slacks because that's the trendy style. However, with dress slacks it's still traditional for them to be a bit baggy, much more than jeans. However, you can actually take your slacks to a tailor and have them trimmed down for like $30~40, just like you would with suit trousers. That's what i do because i buy nearly all my dress/business clothes on sale, so I'm saving that way. Also there's online like Bonobos, which makes pants with a tighter seat. Slimmer trimmer guys like them; others with bigger asses less so. And Epaulette in NY gets rave reviews for their staples, but their prices are a bit high.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM

2,858 posts, read 6,201,488 times
J. Crew seems...boring to me. I tend to like clothes with more attitude. I'll check otu the Mad Men line, never heard of it at BR before. Thanks!

And I'll check out Macy's too. I always forget they have a pretty good selection for slim fit fellows.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:43 PM

1,964 posts, read 4,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
J. Crew seems...boring to me. I tend to like clothes with more attitude. I'll check otu the Mad Men line, never heard of it at BR before. Thanks!

And I'll check out Macy's too. I always forget they have a pretty good selection for slim fit fellows.

In general, dress slacks are made to be nondescript & boring without stripes, patterns & bold colors just because it's for the professional work environment. Think of it as a uniform. If your workplace allows more creative freedom you might want to switch to cotton-blend trousers like you find at A/X or Zara. The only problem with these Euro stores is that their cut is slimmer for skinnier thighs & legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty