U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
 
944 posts, read 1,369,006 times
Reputation: 618

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well there's nothing wrong with those women but tell you right now they're 'too fat' for men.

they have been airbushed and photoshopped to look good for a plus size....if only Plus size models really looked that tone and perfect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 9,595,334 times
Reputation: 7507
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
they have been airbushed and photoshopped to look good for a plus size....if only Plus size models really looked that tone and perfect

Yea because they don't do that to Adriana and Heidi in ads. they just get a camera and take a picture of them in the backyard. put that in the VS catalog. no computers needed......

two of those girls are on the runway and one is on the beach. I don't think they look Photoshopped at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
 
944 posts, read 1,369,006 times
Reputation: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea because they don't do that to Adriana and Heidi in ads. they just get a camera and take a picture of them in the backyard. put that in the VS catalog. no computers needed......

two of those girls are on the runway and one is on the beach. I don't think they look Photoshopped at all.

i can see that all the photos are airbrushed. working in the industry EVERY photo even runway gets airbrushed. even the ones that say they are natural are airbrushed. nothing gets printed that is raw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 9,595,334 times
Reputation: 7507
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
i can see that all the photos are airbrushed. working in the industry EVERY photo even runway gets airbrushed. even the ones that say they are natural are airbrushed. nothing gets printed that is raw.

I worked in the news/magazine buisness. I know nothing goes to print in a raw form, I was being sarcastic...anyway, you made it sound like those plus size models are 400lbs in those pictures and they made them look 150lbs or something. Jesus these other types of women can't get a break for anything. These men will take a certifiable sl*t like paris hilton because she's "skinny and so called curvy" over a woman who looks like the ones in those pictures, who might be decent in the way she carries herself and acts around other men.

but hey whatever. that's why they will keep getting played by the paris hiltons of the world and coming on here talking about the gold diggers that stole all their money and screwed their friend when she got drunk. serves them right and as they wish. i'm tired of this thread. good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 AM
 
944 posts, read 1,369,006 times
Reputation: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I worked in the news/magazine buisness. I know nothing goes to print in a raw form, I was being sarcastic...anyway, you made it sound like those plus size models are 400lbs in those pictures and they made them look 150lbs or something. Jesus these other types of women can't get a break for anything. These men will take a certifiable sl*t like paris hilton because she's "skinny and so called curvy" over a woman who looks like the ones in those pictures, who might be decent in the way she carries herself and acts around other men.

but hey whatever. that's why they will keep getting played by the paris hiltons of the world and coming on here talking about the gold diggers that stole all their money and screwed their friend when she got drunk. serves them right and as they wish. i'm tired of this thread. good day.

No i didn't what i meant is you dont see any imperfections rolls, celulite uneven-ness etc fact there skincolor is too perfect no one even has a bliemish spot, beauti mark freckle, unevenness peach fuzz. people who are plus size and people who are thin do not look that perfect NO ONE DOES ....... stop ASSuming what I said . May need to re read what I said before you make ASSuptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 9,595,334 times
Reputation: 7507
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
No i didn't what i meant is you dont see any imperfections rolls, celulite uneven-ness etc fact there skincolor is too perfect no one even has a bliemish spot, beauti mark freckle, unevenness peach fuzz. people who are plus size and people who are thin do not look that perfect NO ONE DOES ....... stop ASSuming what I said . May need to re read what I said before you make ASSuptions.

NOW you are saying "no one looks that perfect" in this most recent post.

'if only Plus size models really looked that tone and perfect'

where in that statement do you say -- "no one looks that perfect" You don't. I didn't make an assumption that I pulled out the god*amn sky. That statement you made makes it as if plus size models do not look toned and perfect BUT regular models do. "they have been airbrushed and photo shopped to look good for plus size models." Newsflash: They make them ALL look good, they are models (but since you work in the 'industry' you should know that already). And again, that second statement sounds like they took a 400lbs model and made her 100lbs.

It is late and you are getting on my nerves. I have stated what I wanted to say in the previous post.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 07-11-2012 at 12:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:42 AM
 
944 posts, read 1,369,006 times
Reputation: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
It is late and you are getting on my nerves. I have stated what I wanted to say in the previous post.


go to bed you have been posting on here since 6am =over 14 hours straight with out a break.= .. wowsahhhh ....OMFG.lol and stop taking CD so serious that other posters get on your nerves.....btw ..... they have a block button. Im going to incorporate it for SOMEONE RIGHT NOW!

Last edited by =Lavender=; 07-11-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM
 
749 posts, read 690,753 times
Reputation: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Really? Okay, since you asked...(I bolded it so that it would be easy for you. You're welcome.)



Also, I couldn't help but notice that after I called you out for your unintelligent comments, you edited your post to look like this:



What's wrong? Can't live by your words? Weak, man. Really weak.
BS whoever you are. I didn't change the post....otherwise it would say it's been edited, wouldn't it? Especially in the minutes apart that our respective posts were.

Try again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 9,595,334 times
Reputation: 7507
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
go to bed and stop taking CD so serious that other posters get on your nerves.....btw ..... they have a block button. Im going to incorporate it for SOMEONE RIGHT NOW!

I don't see someone getting on my nerves as "serious business."

please do use it. I won't be crying over it, trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,321 posts, read 10,471,965 times
Reputation: 13283
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
BS whoever you are. I didn't change the post....otherwise it would say it's been edited, wouldn't it? Especially in the minutes apart that our respective posts were.

Try again
And now you are lying about it. Weak AND you have no integrity. I don't see what the big deal is. You tried to change a post that had already been quoted and you got called out for it. Chalk it up to not sounding like a jerk the first time you post something and embarrassing little situations like this won't happen to you. Say only things that you are willing to stand by and you won't have to worry about people calling you out for your ignorance.

Last edited by iknowftbll; 07-11-2012 at 06:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top