U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM

11,488 posts, read 19,590,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I haven't tried it. But I do fortify my serums or face creams with a few drops of argan oil. I am also trying out apricot oil too.
My sister is koo-koo over argan oil. She made me use it three times while I was at her house. She also flipped my makeup switch, darn her. I just spent 19 bucks on a tawny pink lipstick I fell in love with in a magazine. Smashbox posy pink.

She also called me a piker when I confessed to having 4 mascaras..... apparently she has more!

But the oil cleanser has some sort of detergent or soap in it, because it's meant to be completely washed away with water. And it was too harsh for my skin -- which is weird anyway. But it did an amazing job taking off my waterproof mascara.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 PM

8,200 posts, read 10,305,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
What the hand sanitizer crowd doesn't get is: Hand sanitizer is nothing but alcohol in gel form. It will dry out and break down your skin. It doesn't get you "clean" ---- that's what soap and water is for.

As for the bank teller ---- the idiot didn't have to "sanitize" after every customer. She would have been better to just wash her hands thoroughly at her break times.
Actually,my company just had an inservice on this.
Hand sanitizer is apprarently the only way to disinfect hands. Its better than washing with soap and water.
For one,its kills spores on the hands. Soap and water don't do that,not even if you use antibacterial soap.
The second reason was that most people don't wash their hands properly anyway.
The info blew me away. Personally,I still think soap and water is better. I just took the info with a grain on salt.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 PM

11,488 posts, read 19,590,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Hand sanitizer is apprarently the only way to disinfect hands. Its better than washing with soap and water.
For one,its kills spores on the hands. Soap and water don't do that,not even if you use antibacterial soap.
The info blew me away. Personally,I still think soap and water is better. I just took the info with a grain on salt.
But here's the thing --Do you NEED to kill spores on your hands? And I agree with them -- alcohol sanitizes... but do you NEED to sanitize?

As I've said, there are applications where sanitizing is the way to go. If you are dealing with a seriously ill immunlogically damaged loved one -- go for it. But you have to go whole hog, and it's hard and time consuming and isn't cheap.

If you don't, why bother? Soap and water is fine. And it's not hard to wash your hands properly. Just learn how.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 PM

26,992 posts, read 28,419,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You are a nurse right? Or I am confusing you with someone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or