U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 AM

369 posts, read 761,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Who neglects their appearance more as the age men or women? I say men. What do you think?
Whether they age or not doesn't matter because its a given that men by far care less about their appearance than women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 11:48 AM

2,482 posts, read 2,609,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post
Whether they age or not doesn't matter because its a given that men by far care less about their appearance than women.
Good answer. However I think as me get older they get worse.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:16 PM

3,858 posts, read 4,278,882 times
It seems women. I see a lot of middle aged women who totally let themselves go...obese, no makup, frumpy clothes. It wasn't always like this, women used to take pride in their appearence. I see less obese men.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,763,076 times
Men. Women are obsessed about their appearance. I personally have hundreds of products. Men have 5.
I know one or two men who care about their appearance, but we women still spend money on salon visits, make-up, product, botox,(not needed here), etc.
Interesting.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,206,967 times
well is it any wonder that its men? Any time a guy tries to even remotely groom himself he's labeled as gay. Im surprised men still shower.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
well is it any wonder that its men? Any time a guy tries to even remotely groom himself he's labeled as gay. Im surprised men still shower.
I couldn't agree more. all you have to do is look at TV commercials and what do you see? I will tell you what I see, when commercials come on TV I see women who look nice, decently dressed and with their hair nicely brushed, but the guys are doing nothing but sitting on the couch all day watching sports and acting like overgrown children or playing video games endlessly for hours and look like they just rolled out of bed after a two week coma and the first thought that crossed their mind was to call their buddies to go watch some sports and that is what men are supposed to be like.

Last edited by 1orlando; 07-17-2012 at 11:58 AM..

Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I couldn't agree more. all you have to do is look at TV commercials and what do you see? I will tell you what I see, when commercials come on TV I see women who look nice, decently dressed and with their hair nicely brushed, but the guys are doing nothing but sitting on the couch all day watching sports and acting like overgrown children or playing video games endlessly for hours and look like they just rolled out of bed after a two week coma and the first thought that crossed their mind was to call their buddies to go watch some sports and that is what men are supposed to be like.
^^^true, its like that is the new definition of masculinity

Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
^^^true, its like that is the new definition of masculinity
I don't get it. I never have been that way and never will be either. Some of my friends are quite younger that me but still they are all grown men in their mid twenties at the very least and every time I go to one of their parties I enjoy their company because Im young at heart and they like me to be part of the group but honestly I don't understand them in the sense that at every party or gathering they have the main focus is to play beer pong and they want me to play along. These are grown men and they still act like teenagers somewhat. I get a kick out of them because it is kind of odd to me to be in that group but I just have a seat and enjoy a few beers and enjoy the things that I do have in common with them.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:58 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,790,154 times
It's hard to pinpoint just one gender. It depends on a lot of stuff, as others have already said.

From my observations...I've seen a lot of women who start to neglect their appearance after a while. But I don't know how proportionate this is to the men who ignore theirs.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Totally depends on the individual. Anybody can get lazy, depressed, apathetic, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or