Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:10 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,260,123 times

Advertisements

I wear em. Often.

I have very flat feet and actually find a heel more comfortable than flats.

I have zero damage to my feet and I've been cramming them in to heels now for about 35 years with monotonous regularity. I've probably walked halfway around the world in stilletos by now.

I'd like to see a bloke do that.

I'm way over the nude heel though. I'm loving strappy, gladiator looking heels at the moment wiith the thick ankle strap that makes you look like you've just escaped from some bondage dungeon.

I ALWAYS have my feet done, it is one of my great dislikes to see scabby feet or yellowing toenails hanging out of sexy shoes. It should be illegal. Im broke right now but do my own pedicure at least fortnightly, AND it's winter, so they're all tucked away...but I know they're done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,359,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Yes shoes are just a part of it. When a woman looks pretty,sexy, glam etc. she gains a certain kind of power. They try to teach girls the opposite is true but you can't change human nature.
Agreed! I live in Austin, and unless you are at work, in a business environment or perhaps out to a nice restaurant, heels on women are rarely seen.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 AM

506 posts, read 1,954,017 times
Love them and wear them daily. Some of my heels are super comfortable, some kill my feet. I love them all just the same. Shoes are my weakness. My black Louboutin pumps are by far my favorite despite being among my most uncomfortable shoes.

I do wear flats to commute though. I have numerous pairs, and always carry a foldaway flats in my purse too. I'm prepared to switch out my shoes when need be. My biggest pet peeve is the girls in weddings who go barefoot towards the end of the night. I also don't like the look of sneakers to commute (with suits/dresses/ etc), so stick to flat shoes/boots and if I need my sneakers for the gym/bootcamp, I will carry them separately.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:24 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,642,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
don't wear them. would rather be comfortable. don't care if men like it or not on women.
GO Girl!!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:49 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,298,140 times
Love heels, though I go through phases with them.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:24 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,538,556 times
I love heels and wear them often.

I rarely go over 4", however, unless the heels are thick. I have three pairs that are a little more than 4" with very skinny heels. They look fantastic, but I only wear them when I know I won't be walking much.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:58 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
My limit is 4 inches. With the I am not walking caveat. I can't wear higher, any heel thickness, it really just kills my feet, and I am flat footed so it is just really uncomfortable. Lately, my ankle and achilles have been bothering me with lowered flexibility, so all heels pretty much suck right now. 2 inches or lower only.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:23 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,770,264 times
Heels, heels, heels, what do I have to say about them?

I'm already tall, 6'0, and while I'm comfortable with my height I don't particularly like being the only person in heels in a crowd of average height people wearing flats. I don't mind the attention I get for being tall, but that just makes me look like I'm begging for people to pay attention to me (which is something I only occasionally do).

I also dislike the practical aspect of heels. They're not great if you're going to be on your feet a lot and they increase the risk of tripping and nose diving into the pavement. And, kind of a funny one, but when I'm in heels in a place that's kind of loud or with someone who is a quiet talker, I'm too high up to hear people. They're all talking into my chest and it's not so much fun to have to lean all the way over to hold a conversation.

But I do love the aesthetic. I feel like a bad A when I'm strutting my stuff in a pair of stilettos, confident and sexy. And when I'm with a group of girls from a runway show, all of us taller than average and all of us in heels...it's just a very powerful feeling.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

I also dislike the practical aspect of heels. They're not great if you're going to be on your feet a lot and they increase the risk of tripping and nose diving into the pavement.
Another thing is, if you are wearing heels and walking around the sidewalk or whatever in the "city" and you get caught on the grates from manhole covers or whatever. I have scratched and scuffed so many heels when getting caught on one of those. Or uneven pavement. Or broken tile.....

And you can never seem to get a nice repair job on that at the shoe repair. Especially on a wrapped heel.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,255,368 times
No, I hate high heels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty