U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM
 
948 posts, read 1,370,769 times
Reputation: 415

Advertisements

I love high heels. I wear them often but not everyday. I prefer classic/sophisticated designs and some that have some whimsy like the Louboutin Anemone. I dream about owning a pair of Anemone Loubi's (sigh).

I'm also tall and I could care less if my being taller when I wear them bothers a man - that's their problem, not mine.

Has anyone watched the documentary "God Save My Shoes"? It's all about women's obsession with their shoes. Most of the shoes in the collector's closets of those in the film were high heels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 PM
 
Location: The Land Mass Between NOLA and Mobile, AL
1,796 posts, read 1,292,033 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Try Petals. You stick them in your shoes and they will pad the ball of your foot and also help prevent your foot from sliding forward. You should be able to get them online and I know that Nordstroms stocks them.
Foot Petals are awesome. They've also got sticky strips to put inside sling-backs if you have the problem that I do where the heel strap often slides down.

As for heels, it depends for me on the outfit as well as the activity. I think short, casual skirts look trashy with high heels, for example, and I prefer skinny jeans with flats or wedges. Wider legged pants look better with heels, even if they're just two inches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Yakima WA
3,856 posts, read 4,276,729 times
Reputation: 3155
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
I love high heels. I wear them often but not everyday. I prefer classic/sophisticated designs and some that have some whimsy like the Louboutin Anemone. I dream about owning a pair of Anemone Loubi's (sigh).

I'm also tall and I could care less if my being taller when I wear them bothers a man - that's their problem, not mine.

Has anyone watched the documentary "God Save My Shoes"? It's all about women's obsession with their shoes. Most of the shoes in the collector's closets of those in the film were high heels.
Being taller in heels bothers very few men, it only bothers women. I am fairly short and I love seeing women wear heels more than 99% of men who are taller than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Reputation: 16226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Being taller in heels bothers very few men, it only bothers women. I am fairly short and I love seeing women wear heels more than 99% of men who are taller than me.
Very few? Nah. I'm 6'1 barefoot and can't tell you how many mean comments I get from men when I wear heels. I've been told more times than I can count that I'm 'undateable' because I'm too tall, especially in heels. Had a guy who was 6'9 tell me he couldn't date me because in heels I was nearly as tall as he was.

So yeah, it doesn't bother some guys, but it does bother many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Virginia
2,482 posts, read 2,607,769 times
Reputation: 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Very few? Nah. I'm 6'1 barefoot and can't tell you how many mean comments I get from men when I wear heels. I've been told more times than I can count that I'm 'undateable' because I'm too tall, especially in heels. Had a guy who was 6'9 tell me he couldn't date me because in heels I was nearly as tall as he was.

So yeah, it doesn't bother some guys, but it does bother many.
Screw all those guys you are beautiful and being tall is a great trait to have. If they cant handle it then that is on them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2012, 06:04 AM
 
948 posts, read 1,370,769 times
Reputation: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Being taller in heels bothers very few men, it only bothers women. I am fairly short and I love seeing women wear heels more than 99% of men who are taller than me.

That hasn't been my experience. Most men are bothered if I am taller with or without the heels. A few don't mind but definitely the majority are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2012, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Location: Location
6,219 posts, read 7,395,658 times
Reputation: 17842
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbel46822 View Post
I read this conversation but i think high heel can damage your keens if we use it on the regular basics. I want to advised that woman who only wear the high heel shoes beware about the serious injury.
Hogwash! I'm 76, a life-long high heel devotee, for work and for dressy occasions. I call that a regular basics and my keens are just fine, TYVM.

BTW: I don't have a problem with my knees, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top