Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:13 AM

342 posts, read 1,554,082 times

Advertisements

I have a pair of khakis that I bought at Wal Mart with the George label that are made better than Dockers at about half the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 07:18 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Urban Outfitters
Anthropologie
Francesca's

Old 07-17-2012, 12:32 PM

506 posts, read 1,956,025 times
Armani for jeans/ pants. They are really flattering on me. I used to like Banana Republic for tops, but lately, all my new tops from there have been shrinking on me. I've about given up on them. I love how Anne Taylor tops fit though.

Of course, F21 is always a reliable fall back! Not the best quality, but cute and very cheap stuff!

Old 07-17-2012, 01:33 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I remember when I was young and very thin, and no matter what I put on, it looked good. What happened?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Ross, tj maxx, marshels. Gets me cheap button down shirts and pants

Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Gap outlet does make special stuff. Completely different lines. Way more logo stuff than you would find in a Gap store. jeans are cheaper and thinner. T-shirts are hit or miss. But there isn't a huge difference in quality.
Ugh, thanks. I like Gap quality jeans--I bought a pair a few weeks ago. And I'm really wanting to get another pair, but I don't know how I feel about spending another $89.00 on a pair of jeans, since I'm still in between sizes. I'm going for a girls weekend out, this weekend and want to look nice, but I wanted jeans at a cheaper price until I get down to my usual size. I was so hoping that Gap Factory would have similar jeans.

If Gap Outlet is anything like Old Navy quality jeans, then I'll pass. Old Navy Jeans IMO have a very cheap feel to them and they happen to be in the cheaper price range(under $40). The max I want to spend for jeans right now is $50-$60 until I get to my regular size.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
The products in the factory store is great !quality stuff. It is just a different product line than Gap Specialty store. Having worked at both stores I find that factory store product is very fun, wearable, washable and super reasonable. I actaully like the product at Gap Factory better myself.
OK. The gap regular store seems to have changed a lot from what I remember it being like back in early 2000. I remember back then, the jeans seemed different and cost different, even the clothing seemed different. And after not shopping there since 2003, I went back to the store a few weeks ago and it seemed drastically different from what I remember when I used to shop there. The jeans were more expensive the shirts were more expensive but didn't seem worth it, and just seemed sort of bland. Still, I really liked the quality of jeans and was satisfied with the purchase. I'm going shopping at a premium outlet mall, so I may stop there just to take a lot.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Ugh, thanks. I like Gap quality jeans--I bought a pair a few weeks ago. And I'm really wanting to get another pair, but I don't know how I feel about spending another $89.00 on a pair of jeans, since I'm still in between sizes. I'm going for a girls weekend out, this weekend and want to look nice, but I wanted jeans at a cheaper price until I get down to my usual size. I was so hoping that Gap Factory would have similar jeans.

If Gap Outlet is anything like Old Navy quality jeans, then I'll pass. Old Navy Jeans IMO have a very cheap feel to them and they happen to be in the cheaper price range(under $40). The max I want to spend for jeans right now is $50-$60 until I get to my regular size.
I think the quality is somewhere between ON and regular Gap. But there are always at least a couple of pairs for under $40. "Regular price" is more like $60. For me, Gap jeans fit better than ON. ON jeans are both too low and have too much gapping. I tried on a pair the other day and there was literally 2 inches of a gap in the rear for me. The other ones I tried on barely covered my butt. ON jeans are not cut for figures like mine at all.

Gap jeans are way too expensive now. If you are between sizes, I'd just as soon go to Target or Forever 21 or Kohls and find some cheaper ones. Or wear a dress!

Old 07-17-2012, 02:10 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Gap is just like Target and Walmart. Their clothing is made in China or similar.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think the quality is somewhere between ON and regular Gap. But there are always at least a couple of pairs for under $40. "Regular price" is more like $60. For me, Gap jeans fit better than ON. ON jeans are both too low and have too much gapping. I tried on a pair the other day and there was literally 2 inches of a gap in the rear for me. The other ones I tried on barely covered my butt. ON jeans are not cut for figures like mine at all.

Gap jeans are way too expensive now. If you are between sizes, I'd just as soon go to Target or Forever 21 or Kohls and find some cheaper ones. Or wear a dress!
Okay then I'm going to try them on. I'm excited lol, I was afraid that they would be ON quality. Yeah ON jeans fit me crazy, like really crazy lol. And they just feel cheap to me. So an in "between" jean(between GAP and ON) will be suitable for right now, until I'm back in the size I need to be in.

I'm weird about Forever 21, like I like their shirts, they have nice clubbing dresses, and party dresses for cheap, but their jeans just fit me crazy too. I'm real particular about where I get my jeans. I've not shopped at Kohls or Target though. There is Levi outlet store that I might hit it up to seem how they fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty