U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 PM

34,806 posts, read 42,955,485 times

Advertisements

Since I guess my shape is weird, I like Talbots, because Petite, Misses and Plus are all under one roof and I can usually get a whole outfit that fits my different parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 01:35 PM

26,923 posts, read 28,281,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Since I guess my shape is weird, I like Talbots, because Petite, Misses and Plus are all under one roof and I can usually get a whole outfit that fits my different parts.
Another store that doesn't fit me well. Since my favorite basic is a pencil skirt, you'd think I could rack up at Talbots, but I find the fit isn't flattering for me.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:12 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,280,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

talbots is great! But so expensive at least for my current budget. I heard they were closing a lot of them though? I hope its not true.

As for Kohls, I'm a size 4-6 and 23 and I found my favorite jeans in the "juniors" section but they are very simple and have no weird details.

Actually my new favorite skinny jean is from Express. They are almost as comfy as yoga pants because of the thin, stretch denim. They are called the "extreme stretch denim" and they fit AMAZING on my petite but with big hips frame.

I can't stand actual denim...it's so stiff and uncomfortable. I can only wear blends which are stretchy and comfy enough to fall asleep in

Old 07-18-2012, 11:27 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,528,892 times
My go-to stores did not work out that well today. I went to forever 21 and it was so much junk in there that I had to sift through. Got some cute shirts. But I tried on a few clubbing dresses and they fit sooo weird on me. I used to be able to wear them all the time--even though they were cheap and had cheap material. But the dresses I tried on today? They all fit badly on me. The first dress made my stomach look huge--like my stomach just stuck out. The second dress same issue. They were both spandex cotton type of dresses. I wanted to go a size up, but the size up was too big. So I'm chalking it up to me being in between sizes. It seems like my stomach is more pudgy than it used to be(it has always been flat). Can't believe what having kids does to you.

Anyway I went to Gap outlet and I wasn't impressed with the jeans. They reminded me of these Jeans I get at Macy's which are in the $40 range. Meanwhile Gap charged $60. Eh no thanks. Especially considering that the fit was nothing spectular. I also found I was in between sizes again, so the jeans I tried on were baggy, but the jeans in the smaller size were too tight.

All in all I don't know if I like Gap outlet, and I think Forever 21 requires too much work to sift through stuff. I don't have the time anymore.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:45 PM

26,923 posts, read 28,281,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
My go-to stores did not work out that well today. I went to forever 21 and it was so much junk in there that I had to sift through. Got some cute shirts. But I tried on a few clubbing dresses and they fit sooo weird on me. I used to be able to wear them all the time--even though they were cheap and had cheap material. But the dresses I tried on today? They all fit badly on me. The first dress made my stomach look huge--like my stomach just stuck out. The second dress same issue. They were both spandex cotton type of dresses. I wanted to go a size up, but the size up was too big. So I'm chalking it up to me being in between sizes. It seems like my stomach is more pudgy than it used to be(it has always been flat). Can't believe what having kids does to you.

Anyway I went to Gap outlet and I wasn't impressed with the jeans. They reminded me of these Jeans I get at Macy's which are in the $40 range. Meanwhile Gap charged $60. Eh no thanks. Especially considering that the fit was nothing spectular. I also found I was in between sizes again, so the jeans I tried on were baggy, but the jeans in the smaller size were too tight.

All in all I don't know if I like Gap outlet, and I think Forever 21 requires too much work to sift through stuff. I don't have the time anymore.
You don't go to H&M?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:37 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,858,453 times
Ross or Kohl's for a more upscale look. Usually just Target or the thrift store.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 AM

9,215 posts, read 18,125,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Ross or Kohl's for a more upscale look.

Never thought of those stores and "upscale" in the same sentence.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You don't go to H&M?

I've never been. I don't even know if they have one at my local mall. I need to look at the directory. What kind of stuff do they have?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:22 AM

Just looked it up, there is no H&M in my state. That sucks.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Never thought of those stores and "upscale" in the same sentence.

Me either. I've always thought that Kohls was closer to Jc Penny when it comes to clothing (which is not upscale at all).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or