U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 AM

775 posts, read 954,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I never thought the Duchess of Cornwall (Kate Middleton) looked anoerexic. She looks like a normal, healthy woman to me.
I have. I've seen pictures of here where I think she looks disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
I have. I've seen pictures of here where I think she looks disgusting.
Real photos, or tabloid covers where they Photoshop a ribcage or cellulite on women and then scream how bony or fat they are?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 AM

775 posts, read 954,956 times
Quote:
Real photos, or tabloid covers where they Photoshop a ribcage or cellulite on women and then scream how bony or fat they are?
I don't read tabloids. I've only seen her in television clips and the topic was never her weight.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't look at all the photos you linked and didn't realize you had included a picture of her as well. I remembered from your other posts. She does have a small waist; she is very slim and has a small everything. I get VS catalogs at the house at least twice a week, and I see her in her famous pose most of the time.

Cross-front Bra Top Dress - Victoria's Secret

Maxi Tee Dress - Victoria's Secret

Yoga Foldover Legging - Victoria's Secret

There is something really wonky about her back.
Aw, those weren't even that bad, she normally juts her hip way farther out. But I can't fault her for it, she knows that she is known for her WHR so she does everything she can to exaggerate it, even when she's not on the set.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
I don't read tabloids. I've only seen her in television clips and the topic was never her weight.
Hmm, I will have to keep my eyes open. The only thing I have noticed about her is that her hands look older. I'm almost 10 years older than she is, and the veins and tendons on my hands are barely visible. That's probably related to weight, though--I haven't been that thin since I was a teenager.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 AM

26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Quote:
Hmm, I will have to keep my eyes open. The only thing I have noticed about her is that her hands look older. I'm almost 10 years older than she is, and the veins and tendons on my hands are barely visible. That's probably related to weight, though--I haven't been that thin since I was a teenager.
My hands are pretty veiny, and I have never been very thin, so it is possibly just genetics. Some people gain weight, and it shows up in their hands. This isn't the case for me. I am in my early 30s, but my hands have looked pretty similar since my 20s (at least, I didn't really notice it until then). It is almost scary to think what my hands would look like if I got to my "goal" weight.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:56 AM

506 posts, read 927,475 times
JLo is curvy, Christina Aguilera (at her heaviest) may even be considered as curvy, but NOT Kirstie Alley or Oprah.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,524,674 times
I'm sorry Kate Middleton looks pretty gross these days. She looks too thin. She looked perfect at the beginning of her engagement. But as of late? She looks like she has lost too much weight.

As for what makes a woman curvy--there ARE thin women that are curvy. Curvy women are in all sizes. However I think more people notice the curvy women that have the "flesh" on their bones (Selma Hayek, Beyonce, Kim K, J Lo) moreso than they notice the thin curvy women (VS models). I said this in another thread--sometimes when I see thin women I'm much more likely to notice their "thinness" more than I notice their body shape. Whereas when I see a woman that is a bit on the thicker side, I usually can notice and distinguish the curves a lot better. Why? I'm not sure?

Old 07-18-2012, 01:53 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,256,060 times
Its hard to tell because some people's definition is curvy is others fat.

Case in point: Mulher Melancia aka Watermelon Woman

Andressa Soares - Mulher Melancia - Eliana - SBT - Rebolando - YouTube

YouTube - Mulher Melancia - Velocidade 6 (HD_16-9).flv - YouTube

Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 PM

26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Curvy is an body shape, not a size. You can be thin and curvy, and not thin and curvy. It is mostly related to how your weight is distributed (or bone structure, in terms of hip width).

Mulher Melancia is definitely curvy (obvious differentiation between her waist and hips). She happens to have very lucky fat distribution and doesn't store it in her waist. Some people will say she should lose weight, other people would say she is perfect. None of this takes away from the fact she has a near hourglass figure (she looks a little bigger at the bottom to me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty