U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,711,232 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna have to re-assemble the axis of evil. Where are Lao and Lucario?

Curvy women do exist in real. But the term's been largely abused and sabotaged by fat women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 PM

15,732 posts, read 17,315,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
As a guy who has been obese and skinny*, I'm rather surprised that some commenters on here are suggesting that there aren't serious health complications associated with being overweight or even curvy. There is strong scientific evidence that suggests that higher levels of body fat are associated with array of health complication. So yes, being "slim" or "fit" is a lot healthier then having excessive levels of bodyfat (aka overweight).

As someone who was overweight, nothing disgusts me more than seeing other people who eat gobs of junk food and don't care for their health. Being overweight is not attractive, it's not healthy, it's not natural. In fact, it's just disgusting.

*Over the past year, I've lost almost 60 pounds and am fit/slim and in the greatest shape I've ever been.
Please explain to me how being curvy is has serious health complications? It has to do with bone structure, not fat rolls.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 PM

58 posts, read 104,953 times
I like bbw's anyway well rlly I like all and any body types so it dont bother me

Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,265,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
the standard model look?
No thanks....having curves has always worked for me
Seriously. I like the curvy and toned look. You know that exists right? I almost didn't until I watched Spanish and Brazilian shows and music videos. I see so many of my friends struggling to be as slender as possible, and I can't help but think they are overdoing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Please explain to me how being curvy is has serious health complications? It has to do with bone structure, not fat rolls.

Seriously. A size 2 can be curvy if she is petite and small boned. Curvy is often mistaken for a way to describe fat women. It really means hour glass shaped.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:59 PM

26,894 posts, read 28,206,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Seriously. I like the curvy and toned look. You know that exists right? I almost didn't until I watched Spanish and Brazilian shows and music videos. I see so many of my friends struggling to be as slender as possible, and I can't help but think they are overdoing it.

Seriously. A size 2 can be curvy if she is petite and small boned. Curvy is often mistaken for a way to describe fat women. It really means hour glass shaped.
I totally agree. Well, I count the pears in the the curvy camp too. One of my friends is a curvy size 0/2. (Just don't tell her that! She is paranoid about her "huge thighs!")

Old 07-30-2012, 05:45 PM

15,732 posts, read 17,315,866 times
Quote:
I totally agree. I'd also add that curvy women don't tend to have visceral fat in their mid-section, which has been shown to increase risk for heart disease and diabetes.

I'm not sure how the other poster figures that being curvy is detrimental to one's health

Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,450,412 times
Curvy is a pear or hourglass shape. In other words, it's all about the waist or in other other words, it's all about the silhouette. Boobs can enhance the curvy look but boobs alone aren't enough. Case in point:

Moderator cut: image removed

Not curvy.

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 05:55 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,499,332 times
Quote:

I sure do know it exists, & agree its hourglass or pear ...
I presumed the "standard model look" that info guy was referring to was not the curvy & toned look.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 PM

8,738 posts, read 9,595,334 times
that's funny because in this thread I seen mostly: boney as* women, very overweight women, and women with cartoonish, unrealistic body proportions.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 07-30-2012 at 11:23 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,526,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's funny because in this thread I seen mostly: boney as* women, very overweight women, and women with cartoonish, unrealistic body proportions.
Pretty much... I already listed earlier in the thread what I considered curvy, but I am thinking its subjective. One thing that is true is that curvy is not necessarily related to weight. It's about proportions and body structure. That being said some of the example pics that people claimed were "curvy" didn't look curvy to me(I agree with what you said) but to each their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty