U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 AM

15,732 posts, read 17,291,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
dont really do online dating, but if I were to talk to a woman on the phone or something or someone was describing a friend as curvy, i would just take a pass. There are so many women in this world, i dont feel i have to take a chance on someone who thinks theyre curvy. Maybe my loss, maybe not - who cares?
Hey no skin of my back. I was just wondering why people rely on a description rather than the pictures that are posted.

If I were single, there are many things I would pass on too based on description, rather than take the risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 AM

11,672 posts, read 13,876,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

Curvy is hourglass (to me at least). I have an hourglass shape...and 10lbs ago, even though I was slightly overweight I was still curvy.
Exactly. I'm not a bean pole but I'm hourglass shaped too. To be curvy you usually have to have a little extra (like the examples given above) otherwise it's bony.

Who cares if they describe themselves as curvy. They may be large and in charge but you don't have to date.them.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 AM

11,019 posts, read 18,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
, we shouldn't just tell fat women they're 'beautiful' and condone an unhealthy lifestyle, but I don't see how this obsess fear of fat is really helping.?

One man's definition of fat is another man's definition of not. There are plus size woman I find sexy. The most unhealthy thing of all is to feel your aren't right in society

Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM

775 posts, read 954,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Exactly. I'm not a bean pole but I'm hourglass shaped too. To be curvy you usually have to have a little extra (like the examples given above) otherwise it's bony.
Nope, not true. I'm hourglass shaped and I'm a size 1. The shape depends on the ratio between bust, waist and hips. It has more to do with bone structure, than fat.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,213,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Curvy is being shaped like an hourglass, not shaped like a 2 liter coke bottle
LOl!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:34 AM

5,485 posts, read 6,073,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't care either what women describe themselves as, I'm just stating the fact that over time, the word 'fat' has become so offensive. No, we shouldn't just tell fat women they're 'beautiful' and condone an unhealthy lifestyle, but I don't see how this obsess fear of fat is really helping. The word is just a symptom of it. If anything it sends them spiralling in the opposite direction towards being too thin. In other words, let them describe themselves as curvy, but I think people who want to call a spade a spade should just do so. If people have a problem with it they ought to grow a thicker skin. What next, being afraid to call short people short and using the term 'vertically challenged' as anything but a joke?
Cmon mac. So people who want to use a word according to its actual meaning (curvy - curves in all the right places) need to grow a thicker skin, but fat people dont? what type of screwed up logic are you using? As if we dont have enough of PC crap in todays lives. Stop buying into the brainwashing and social conditioning, drop the PC crap and say whats really on your mind.

11,672 posts, read 13,876,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Nope, not true. I'm hourglass shaped and I'm a size 1. The shape depends on the ratio between bust, waist and hips. It's more bone structure, than fat.
I guess we all have different definitions of curvy.

Curvy to me is softer. (Again, like the examples given above.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Curvy is fat.
The two are diffenatly not the same.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 AM

5,485 posts, read 6,073,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Hey no skin of my back. I was just wondering why people rely on a description rather than the pictures that are posted.

If I were single, there are many things I would pass on too based on description, rather than take the risk.
Well, looks like you just answered your own question, then =)

Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 AM

I thought the P.C. term for fat chicks was BBW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty