Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:07 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,320,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Believe it or not, eating every 2 or 3 hours, or making sure to eat breakfast or any of this other traditional advice, is compeltely wrong. According to latest detailed studies at least. They found that meal frequency makes no difference at all, in relation to weight gain/loss or metabolism itself. people who eat once a day, mirror results of those that eat 6 times a day. Its a simple equation of calories in/calories out. I agree with you on calorie decreases and yoyo nature of diets though. the less you consume, the slower your metabolism. If someone consumes low amount of calories daily, it is actualy benefitial to pig out one day a week, to kick the metabolism back up. Many zig zag calories as well, and consume different amounts of calories every day, in order to keep your body and your metabolism "guessing" as to what the consumption will be each day.
I agree and disagree. On Weight Watchers, I've moved away from eating food in one sitting. I'll have my scrambled egg with nonfat cheese in the morning, and about 30 minutes later, I'll follow up with a bowl of fruit. I have some low-calorie chips around mid-morning and then a small sandwich for lunch. I munch on fruit throughout the afternoon. Dinner is usually my largest meal of the day, but still isn't that big and I'll have some sort of fruit after my workout. The tracking and the reasonable spacing of my intake make a huge difference. There's no bingeing.

But yeah, I save my discretionary points for weekly one-shot splurges, whether it's an avocado blt or a fast-food black bean burger, and I think that does rev my metabolism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 11:11 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,359,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I've noticed men are fairly liberal with their body type description as well.

You get a lot of "tall, athletic" types who are actually 5'5 and the closest they come to being athletic is watching football on tv.
Really. That used to annoy me to no end. Most men say they are athletic. No muscles to be seen. Lots of beer belly's though.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:14 AM

5,654 posts, read 5,143,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Really. That used to annoy me to no end. Most men say they are athletic. No muscles to be seen. Lots of beer belly's though.
I think it's a spelling issue.... They meant to type "Apathetic"...

Old 07-16-2012, 11:19 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

Curvy is hourglass (to me at least). I have an hourglass shape...and 10lbs ago, even though I was slightly overweight I was still curvy.
An hourglass shape is like this:

Old 07-16-2012, 11:26 AM

770 posts, read 1,175,374 times
I'm sure she already knew that.^^^^

Old 07-16-2012, 11:28 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Some people curve in, hourglass shape or chiseled abs and broad shoulders. Some people curve OUT with big ol bellies and guts.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 AM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
Women of all body different body types can be attractive. However so many especially on online dating sites abuse the use of the term curvy, when if you just look at the pics it is obvious they are overweight. I am not saying women misrepresent themselves the most, but usually they state they are curvy when they are actually overweight. If you do not have an hourglass figure you are not curvy.

So women it is ok to mention that you are full figured or overweight, because most women don't really have curves.
I think that the terminology on dating sites has become a kind of code. So words take on a different meaning than they do in the real world. So "curvy" means plump, "athletic" when applied to women means 0 curves (=very small chest), as opposed to "slim", and so forth . Some of these words are euphemisms. Think about it: they're not going to offer tell-it-like-it-is terms to choose from: "chunky", "fat" "obese", "beer belly" (men), "flat chested", are they?

Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,497,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Would you call Scarlett Johanssen, Christina Hendricks, Beyonce and Kim Kardashian fat?

These are some curvy girls. As I think of it.
Depends on the body fat percentage.

Majority of the fat is stored in the mid section so if they have a very flat stomach and nice Abs then they are not fat.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM

88,292 posts, read 84,292,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
An hourglass shape is like this:
I have an hourglass figure...but all the sand is in the bottom!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,261,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have an hourglass figure...but all the sand is in the bottom!
Nothing wrong with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty