U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM

11,019 posts, read 18,106,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Nothing wrong with that!

Nope nothing wrong with that some guys like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Can I get a hell yeah!!!!!!!! OH......AH......OHwee!!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/25161595-post305.html

Old 07-16-2012, 12:32 PM

25,584 posts, read 30,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Can I get a hell yeah!!!!!!!! OH......AH......OHwee!!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/25161595-post305.html
yup!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:33 PM

2,725 posts, read 3,961,224 times
Do women understand the meaning of curvy??

I don't know anymore. I've seen girls who are tipping the scale at three hundred call themselves curvy..Curvy is the nice word for fat. I also hate when really big girls blame it on being big boned! I'm like big boned????..What? You mean big boned with a hel l of a lot of meat wrapped around it...

Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,037,071 times
Not all skinny women have a waist... Body shapes are different. Hip-waist could be the same measures without fat.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM

3,685 posts, read 4,123,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
Women of all body different body types can be attractive. However so many especially on online dating sites abuse the use of the term curvy, when if you just look at the pics it is obvious they are overweight. I am not saying women misrepresent themselves the most, but usually they state they are curvy when they are actually overweight. If you do not have an hourglass figure you are not curvy.

So women it is ok to mention that you are full figured or overweight, because most women don't really have curves.

Aside from Cher, any woman who is non-linear has curves. Do YOU understand the meaning of "curvy"? Sure, it may not be optimally curvy, but it is curvy.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:55 PM

15,732 posts, read 17,286,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
An hourglass shape is like this:
Thanks for the visual. I'm well aware of what an hourglass figure looks like being that I have one. My bust and hips are 10-11" larger than my waist and 10lbs ago it was all just 1-2" bigger, still hourglass.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:56 PM

26,874 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
She is curvy, but not an hourglass. I consider curvy: small waist in relationship to your hips/butt. Either an hourglass or a pear. Jessica Simpson isn't curvy in my book. She is busty (like Kate Upton), she has no hips. Curvy (and busty, and hourglass) can come at any weight or size.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
. My bust and hips are 10-11" larger than my waist .

If you have a twin sis tell her about this guy lionking who is a real decent guy I swear.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM

5,485 posts, read 6,071,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Name them and post them (lady-obviously)!!

Au contraire!!!!! That's utterly B.S.!!! Countless studies have said/shown otherwise.

Feel free to copy and post a list of those recent studies.

When you name more than one, I'll eat my shorts!
lady obviously? WTH does that even mean? Is nutrition gender based or am i missing something?
Do your own research, and come back and thank me for providing you with correct information. Youj can admit or not that you were wrong, I couldnt care less. Stop giving bad advice based on no longer accurate information, because that really isnt helping anyone. Thanks.

What is all the hub-ub about meal timing? Do I need to eat every 2-3 hours?
This has been a hot topic for decades. Bodybuilders of the past believed that it was imperative to eat ever 2-3 hours, but is this really the case?
Let’s examine what frequent eating proponents say:
Skipping Meals causes:
1) Decrease in T3 hormone
2) Insulin levels to be all over the place (negatively effecting fat loss)
3) Protein tissues to break down, causing muscle loss
4) Slowing of metabolism
Does it really? Is there any evidence which backs this up? Not much, what you’ll see is anecdotal evidence. People will follow this method because that’s the way bodybuilders of old (and mostly of present) do it. They follow it because some jacked guy at the gym does it and says that is his secret to success.
Fortunately though, as of late, we have seen a gradual shift in this thinking. Recent studies indicate that the most important aspect of a diet is adhering to the diet, and hitting your caloric goals, NOT how often you eat. In fact there is a new revolution happening in bodybuilding called Intermittent Fasting. There are many variations of it, but the basic premise of it states that you eat all or nearly all of your calories within a small window, say 4-8 hours. The rest of the day you ‘fast’. You can drink water, but you don’t eat. What type of results are being reported? Just Google ‘eat stop eat, or leangains and see. People are getting as ripped with this method as they are with the old, eat every 3 hour method.
In fact, there are numerous studies that back up the whole meal timing theory is a fallacy. A great article ‘debunking’ these myths can be found at leangains.com.
Bottom line, do what will allow you to follow your diet, and stick to it. If that means you eat every 3 hours, then go for it. If that means you eat once per day and save all your calories, then do it! Just don’t expect one to be the ‘silver bullet’ if you will.
Consistency to a diet & exercise program is the key to sustained fat loss, and obtaining the body of your dreams.

Go to leangains.com to find references to about 20 different RECENT studies confirming this position. Learn something new every day. Isnt it nice?

Last edited by Ascension2012; 07-16-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty