Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 05:26 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,487,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
No, sorry...never been jealous of or aspire to be a skinny girl.
Most of the models are skinny and toned. Not bones but toned and fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Did you read this in a magazine?
No, but I do know that women want to skinny and toned. You know the standard model look.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been skinny (around 115 lbs at 6'1) and fat (around 240 lbs) and I'd choose being fat over being skinny, even though I got far more attention and people were nicer to me as an underweight skinny woman.

So no, I'm not jealous
Fat is not healthy though. It causes health issues and you get limited to doing stuff physically.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
What about the girls that aren't fat OR skinny? What agenda are you going to attribute to them?
You mean the well fit and toned? They are better then both skinny and fat.

They have nice bodies because they workout and eat healthy and know how it works.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:41 PM

28,225 posts, read 36,688,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
No, but I do know that women want to skinny and toned. You know the standard model look.
Maybe bikini models are skinny and toned. The other ones? Not so much.

The image on the left is a model, at the height of her career. The right is after she retired due to an eating disorder (and not wanting to get skinnier).
Here is a great story:

Full story: Skinny Vs. Strong: Who Wins? | Frugivore Magazine

Quote:
Andrea Muizelaar, winner of Canada’s Next Top Model, Cycle Infinite Winter, found this out the hard way. You may remember her from 2006 when she did what many would consider the unthinkable: she walked away from her title and modeling contracts because even as an emaciated anorexic, she was still told she wasn’t thin enough. ...

At last she decided to choose her health over her modeling career and she scrapped it all, heading back home to her small home town in Canada where she got a job at a bank and enrolled in college.

Her new healthy lifestyle was recently put to the test. On a cruise with a friend to the Caribbean, they were accosted by armed thieves. Her friend had a knife put to his throat and was knocked almost unconscious. Andrea managed to fight off her attackers, kicking, screaming and scratching. She escaped and ran to a nearby village to get help. Her friend was quickly found and, save for a concussion for her friend and lots of bruises and cuts on Andrea, both came out of it unhurt.
I like the version on the right a lot better than the one on the left. And well, it sounds like the one on the right is a lot stronger.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,529,206 times
Quote:
Fat is not healthy though. It causes health issues and you get limited to doing stuff physically.
And neither is skinny.

I felt much stronger and healthier at 240 than I did at 115. A happy medium is hoped for, of course..but I'd still pick being overweight over underweight.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 PM

464 posts, read 477,503 times
Quote:
Fat girls are jeolous of skinny girls.
You want me don't you? How many times do I have to say this? My fat @ss do not date chumps like you.

Go on and date those skinny girls I'm so jeAlous about. LMFAO.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:32 PM

14,772 posts, read 17,032,670 times
Quote:
the standard model look?
No thanks....having curves has always worked for me

Old 07-29-2012, 08:58 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,006,504 times
Quote:
Yup, still a no for me. I don't want to look like a model...and "skinny and toned" is not something I aspire to. Toned yes. I would never want to be described as skinny though.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,629,565 times
As a guy who has been obese and skinny*, I'm rather surprised that some commenters on here are suggesting that there aren't serious health complications associated with being overweight or even curvy. There is strong scientific evidence that suggests that higher levels of body fat are associated with array of health complication. So yes, being "slim" or "fit" is a lot healthier then having excessive levels of bodyfat (aka overweight).

As someone who was overweight, nothing disgusts me more than seeing other people who eat gobs of junk food and don't care for their health. Being overweight is not attractive, it's not healthy, it's not natural. In fact, it's just disgusting.

*Over the past year, I've lost almost 60 pounds and am fit/slim and in the greatest shape I've ever been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty