U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,896,894 times
Reputation: 11780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I have seen in many people's lives that being extremely attractive is also a burden. Being unnoticed can be a real blessing.
I'd rather be extremely attractive than extremely ugly. It isn't even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 9,581,184 times
Reputation: 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey;25201051[B
]I'm not conventionally attractive and I have a lot of things that I feel put me in the 'unattractive' category.[/b] I've been called ugly on multiple occasions by both men and women and I know for a fact that I was denied a promotion because of my looks.

It's not pleasant being passed up for promotions or being looked over regardless of your talents, intelligence or drive. It's really bad seeing attractive people being praised for doing absolutely nothing but being lucky enough to be born with good genes.

But, you deal with the hand you were dealt.

I agree with you they try to make it like women are the ones who are sooo picky and they just want some awful woman to throw them a bone. yea right. i'm not that bad looking, but apparently not good looking enough for the men to go crazy over either and you're either one or the other. the males always think we have a problem with the good looking (non cocky) women -- but the problem is the men who praise and carry on about these women and talk about the rest like we're trash or something. it all come back to the woman's looks for them, whether they admit it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,896,894 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I agree with you they try to make it like women are the ones who are sooo picky and they just want some awful woman to throw them a bone. yea right. i'm not that bad looking, but apparently not good looking enough for the men to go crazy over either and you're either one or the other. the males always think we have a problem with the good looking (non cocky) women -- but the problem is the men who praise and carry on about these women and talk about the rest like we're trash or something. it all come back to the woman's looks for them, whether they admit it or not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 9,581,184 times
Reputation: 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

you disagree? again, noted. but that's how I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
13,433 posts, read 24,204,419 times
Reputation: 24745
I was an ugly woman and it's tough. But there's no alternative seeing that I never had an extra 500K in my back pocket for an extreme makeover. I wasted a lot of time wishing for things I couldn't have. But it taught me a lot too. I grew up to be a kind person who treats other well. It forced me to develop other skills and talents. I had to be smart and capable of taking care of myself.

Then time passed and all those hot women started looking used up and grandmotherly. Guess what? I aged but I actually look better now than when I was 20. For the first time in my life, taking age into consideration, I am a hot property. This isn't all that easy either. The hardest part for me was getting over the anger because the person inside didn't change, I just look better than I did before.

My sick fantasy was a movie from a million years ago starring Stockard Channing, The Girl Most Likely To. Yes, I know you never heard of it. It's about a homely young college student seriously injured in an auto accident. She comes out looking better than she did before. So much better that people don't even recognize her as the same person. The rest of the movie is about her plotting and killing all the people who treated her badly because of her looks. It wasn't even a GOOD movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,896,894 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you disagree? again, noted. but that's how I feel.
Yes, I disagree. There is no nuance, no in-between with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,896,894 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I was an ugly woman and it's tough. But there's no alternative seeing that I never had an extra 500K in my back pocket for an extreme makeover. I wasted a lot of time wishing for things I couldn't have. But it taught me a lot too. I grew up to be a kind person who treats other well. It forced me to develop other skills and talents. I had to be smart and capable of taking care of myself.

Then time passed and all those hot women started looking used up and grandmotherly. Guess what? I aged but I actually look better now than when I was 20. For the first time in my life, taking age into consideration, I am a hot property. This isn't all that easy either. The hardest part for me was getting over the anger because the person inside didn't change, I just look better than I did before.

My sick fantasy was a movie from a million years ago starring Stockard Channing, The Girl Most Likely To. Yes, I know you never heard of it. It's about a homely young college student seriously injured in an auto accident. She comes out looking better than she did before. So much better that people don't even recognize her as the same person. The rest of the movie is about her plotting and killing all the people who treated her badly because of her looks. It wasn't even a GOOD movie.
That's interesting, because I always thought Stockard Channing was pretty attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 02:39 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 9,581,184 times
Reputation: 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, I disagree. There is no nuance, no in-between with you.
well people with A.S. are known for black/white thinking.

but seriously I really do beleive what I said is truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Gone
1,011 posts, read 1,037,071 times
Reputation: 3579
I am ugly. My hell is to live in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
 
Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,490,709 times
Reputation: 3618
it may not be whether they are ugly but rather how they feel about themselves? you can be really pretty but still have low self esteem, i have met some really ugly women with happy personalities and steady boyfriends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top