U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:50 AM

261 posts, read 274,066 times

Advertisements

There are always things people can do to make themselves more attractive. Even if they weren't born with perfect features - I can think of many ways to enhance what people are given:

- Eat a good diet. Poor nutrition shows outwardly and this gets more apparent as you age.
- Keep physically fit. Exercise.
- The above will also help you maintain a healthy weight, which adds to attractiveness. People who are in shape look healthy and younger than those who aren't. Being too thin with no muscle tone also ages you.
- Keep your teeth in good shape and have appropriate dental work. Nothing turns people off more than poor dental hygiene.
- Be clean and well-groomed.
- Wear flattering clothing for your body type.
- Find and maintain an attractive hairstyle.
- Have a personality that draws people to you - not turns them away from you. Be fun to be around, be a good friend and a kind person. Find interests and become good at something. Some of the ugliest musicians have women falling at their feet.

In addition to the above - sometimes people need a little more help if they were born with physical features way outside the norm. To me this is when features distract and become the focal point - ie. ears that stick out, a huge scar, etc. This might be the time for some cosmetic work, if it bothers the person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 09:23 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,037,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
There are always things people can do to make themselves more attractive. Even if they weren't born with perfect features - I can think of many ways to enhance what people are given:

- Eat a good diet. Poor nutrition shows outwardly and this gets more apparent as you age.
- Keep physically fit. Exercise.
- The above will also help you maintain a healthy weight, which adds to attractiveness. People who are in shape look healthy and younger than those who aren't. Being too thin with no muscle tone also ages you.
- Keep your teeth in good shape and have appropriate dental work. Nothing turns people off more than poor dental hygiene.
- Be clean and well-groomed.
- Wear flattering clothing for your body type.
- Find and maintain an attractive hairstyle.
- Have a personality that draws people to you - not turns them away from you. Be fun to be around, be a good friend and a kind person. Find interests and become good at something. Some of the ugliest musicians have women falling at their feet.

In addition to the above - sometimes people need a little more help if they were born with physical features way outside the norm. To me this is when features distract and become the focal point - ie. ears that stick out, a huge scar, etc. This might be the time for some cosmetic work, if it bothers the person.
Also skinny ppl can be ugly.
Not all people have good genes
I cannot do anything more and I am still ****ing ugly

It really hurts when ppl just tell to do more and more. Some of us are just ugly, period

Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM

2,725 posts, read 3,961,224 times
Well being very good looking can be difficult, sometimes (pause) wait what...Oh this is that other thread...Ooooh. My bad. I thought it was....Oh, well then nevermind, moving on! Can't relate,,uhh have a nice day!

j/k...All in fun kids..Someone had to lighten this c-d therapy session up.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-23-2012 at 11:46 AM..

Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM

6,621 posts, read 11,173,495 times
Being physically incredible has its downsides too ya know.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,447,336 times
I have found that money really makes a difference in physical beauty. Money for braces to have straight teeth, bleaching for discolored teeth, skin treatments for acne, hair cuts, colors, extentions...make up, clothes, gym membership for a fit body, time to work out...and let's not forget plastic surgery...

Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 PM

430 posts, read 1,015,309 times
I know someone (male) with who has an ugly face but is muscular(because of football) . He get's all the girls in school ONLY because of his physique, without it he is nothing.

I think the gym costing too much is a bad. I go to a community center, it's JUST like a gym only smaller. My initial cost for the community center was $25 yearly membership and $15 a month for use of the weight room. I'm not lifting now because I need $$$ for high protein food, by then i'll be happy to share my progress and help others.

It doesn't take long to get big, but it does take HARD work, lot's of high protein food, and consistency. Here is a blog showing a guys progress with weight lifting , it very interesting and includes pictures.

This picture shows how skinny he was before he got into weight lifting. It inspired me.

Weight Training Progress

Here is his first blog post.
http://truongy1991.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_ar

Old 07-23-2012, 11:34 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
I know someone (male) with who has an ugly face but is muscular(because of football) . He get's all the girls in school ONLY because of his physique, without it he is nothing.

I think the gym costing too much is a bad. I go to a community center, it's JUST like a gym only smaller. My initial cost for the community center was $25 yearly membership and $15 a month for use of the weight room. I'm not lifting now because I need $$$ for high protein food, by then i'll be happy to share my progress and help others.

It doesn't take long to get big, but it does take HARD work, lot's of high protein food, and consistency. Here is a blog showing a guys progress with weight lifting , it very interesting and includes pictures.

This picture shows how skinny he was before he got into weight lifting. It inspired me.

Weight Training Progress

Here is his first blog post.
http://truongy1991.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_ar
I know this may be off topic,but an ugly man doesn't have it as bad as an ugly woman.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 AM

430 posts, read 1,015,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I know this may be off topic,but an ugly man doesn't have it as bad as an ugly woman.
I agree 100%.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:20 AM

2,539 posts, read 3,272,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What you really mean is that beautiful women will date/marry an unattractive man for his peso-nality A
broke, unattractive man doesn't stand a chance of marrying "up".

Old 07-24-2012, 07:48 AM

9,343 posts, read 8,735,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
There is no such thing (to me) as a truly ugly women if she is in good physical shape and has confidence.

In fact, I've been more physically attracted to slightly out of shape women who were intelligent and confident (several female engineers I've worked with for example) over ding bat bimbos with tight butts.
Charles...you are a person who sees people for who they are; not not based on how they look; and that is the attitude everyone should have.

Ugliness to me is a person who is evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or