U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:52 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,151,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Being physically ugly is something that you can change. It's much better to be physically ugly. Having an ugly personality is another thing entirely. I've seen many physically attractive females with personalities that made them comparable to The Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz.

Sure, certain aspects can be changed. New haircut, better clothes, lose fat, etc, but the source of one's ugliness is usually the physical structure of their face, and that can not be changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 12:35 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,037,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Being physically ugly is something that you can change. It's much better to be physically ugly. Having an ugly personality is another thing entirely. I've seen many physically attractive females with personalities that made them comparable to The Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz.
No it does not change any better. Ugly features are ugly features.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,609,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm not conventionally attractive and I have a lot of things that I feel put me in the 'unattractive' category. I've been called ugly on multiple occasions by both men and women and I know for a fact that I was denied a promotion because of my looks.

It's not pleasant being passed up for promotions or being looked over regardless of your talents, intelligence or drive. It's really bad seeing attractive people being praised for doing absolutely nothing but being lucky enough to be born with good genes.

But, you deal with the hand you were dealt.
What man in right mind would consider you ugly? I see nothing ugly about you.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:43 PM

18,290 posts, read 18,539,506 times
Marrying ugly is recommended

"If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of vew
Get an ugly girl to marry you"

IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY (FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE) Lyrics - JIMMY SOUL

Old 07-24-2012, 07:18 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
What man in right mind would consider you ugly? I see nothing ugly about you.
Most of the men I've come across.

I wish I had a dollar for every guy that said I'd make the perfect girlfriend/wife, but I'm just not attractive enough for them to date.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,609,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Most of the men I've come across.

I wish I had a dollar for every guy that said I'd make the perfect girlfriend/wife, but I'm just not attractive enough for them to date.
They must be on drugs

Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 PM

2,208 posts, read 3,502,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
I see tons of that with my sister. Any criticism melts away after she makes an appearance, because "she came in and looked perfect."

A man can be fat, bald, and missing a limb, but with a modicum of intelligence and a gregarious nature (ie can schmooze clients and land deals), he can be an investment banker earning $$$,$$$. Good luck finding a woman of similar appearances rising high in such an without some overwhelming talent.
Hahaha, yes! I had an ugly friend, really ugly -- really fat, 300-400lbs-ish, he has these pimple-like bumps all over his neck and he has worn skinny jeans a few times ... I don't think I can get that image out of my head no matter how much time has passed. But he can be rather charming, most people fall for it and he spouts out the most unintelligible, illogical thing you've ever heard but it makes them feel nice and they like that. That's how he got his high paying job, schmoozing the right people.

I don't think a woman with the same physical profile and personality could EVER get what he gets out of people.

To boot, he discriminates against ugly people, doesn't even want to be around them, doesn't even give them the time of day. I told him how terrible he was and he spouts out this nonsense that I am the same way ... I replied with a stalled, 'uuuuuuuh' and he verbalizes my thought, 'I'm friends with you, aren't I?"; I was beginning to think he was seeing something different in the mirror from what everyone else sees.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM

2,342 posts, read 2,787,069 times
Wipe the make-up off of most women and see what
is behind all of the cover up stuff they use. ... ...

Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Wipe the make-up off of most women and see what
is behind all of the cover up stuff they use. ... ...
Which is precisely why I rarely wear makeup, unless it's a special occasion. I wouldn't want someone thinking I'm attractive or asking me out on a date and then when I take off the makeup changing their mind.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,278,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If your an ugly woman hang around ugly men, they need you.

If your an ugly man hang around ugly women, they need you.

If it was not for ugly people the rest of the people in the world
would not feel so struck on themselves. ...

Get rid of all of the so-called ugly people in the world
and the next person in line would be considered the ugliest,
compared to the others, and so on.

If it was not for ugly people you would not be all that,
because you really aren't ! ! ! ... ...
Most ugly people probably, if they are honest with themselves, are not attracted to other ugly people. They might be better off alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or